When She Left

"DUDE, I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm freaking out!" Christian ran his hands through his hair, dripping wet from the shower. He begun pacing the room with a towel around his waist as his friend, Moss, sat on the floor accompanied by a tub of cheeseballs. His brown curls sat atop his head like a mop, and his fingers were dusted with orange cheese crumbles as he said," Chill bro, not knowing is part of the fun."

Christian scoffed," What? Is that your new motto for next semester?"

"Dude," Moss splayed his hands over his chest and gasped as if his feelings were hurt, "That's my motto for life."

He began erotically sucking the dust from his fingers while his beady eyes followed Christian's rapid pacing around the room.

"You know how much I want this," he sighed, "What if she doesn't like me? What if we have nothing to talk about, or I eat too loud at dinner?" Christian sat down, frustrated, and ruffled his hands through his hair again," Urgh, should I go through with this? It could ruin the just guy-friend relationship I have with her."

"So you're fine with being in the friend zone forever?" Moss slurred as if he was drunk on Cheeto dust.

Christian shook his head.

"Fine," With reluctance, Moss stood up and fluttered his eyes, his hands cupped to his cheeks," Hello Christian, it's so nice that you asked me out," Moss shrilled in a high-pitch voice.

"What are you doing?"

His friend put his hands to his hipped," I'm Mabel Thompson, Christian Lucas, the girl of your wet dreams and the one you might get to bang tonight if I'm feeling frisky."

"First off, stop. And second of all, you obviously don't know her."

Before Moss could reply in his horrendous Mabel impression, a knock came from his bedroom door, followed by the familiar voice of his mother, "Christian, you guys got your pants on in there? I'm coming in."

For a mother who was very religious and never misses a Sunday at church in her life, he thought Nancy Lucas would be slightly more homophobic like her other pious friends, yet his mom was just peachy with any type of sexuality. In fact, she thinks her own son is gay, and she's completely ecstatic... even though it's not true what so ever.

"Just two straight guys in a room Mom, you can definitely come in," Christian rolled his eyes.

The door flew open, and out popped his mother with the most radiant grin on her face. Her hair was dirty blonde like Christian's except her eyes were a warm brown that glows when she smiled while Christian's was cloudy gray.

"Yes son, spaghetti is also straight when it's uncooked," She chirped, "Anyways, I heard you were going out tonight with a...?" She sang, quickly walking to his closet.

Cringing, Christian replied, "A girl."

"We think she's a girl, Mrs. Lucas," Moss nodded," But for all we know, she could have a meat popsicle under that dress."

His mother nervously laughed," It's great to see you, Malcolm."

Before Moss could blush under his mother's smile while Paris pukes a little inside his mouth, he asked," Mom, what are you doing?"

She whipped around, holding out two shirts from his closet, "Helping you look like a stud tonight," His mom held the two choices for him to see, "Your Tyler Trent T-shirt will show your love and obsession-

"Appreciation," Christian corrected.

His mother cleared her throat," Right, appreciation."

As usual, her eyes dissected Christian's room in a rapid 360 scan and found every inch, crevice, and wall space plastered with Tyler Trent merch or posters. Little tiny figurines of Tyler and his many companions, the iconic Balek, his diffusion drill, and his epic, red STARDIS. Who is Tyler Trent you might ask? Um, just the greatest teenage time-traveler of all the multi-dimensions and realities! The third movie is coming out this fall, and Christian's been thinking if he should take Mabel to the screening and convert her into the TT fan club.