four - hope

Mira leaves the store, and I exhale a shaky breath.

God, is she mean.

Last year, she slapped one of my friends who did nothing but read a paper of hers. That's why I don't associate with anyone in particular. People believe that I'm part of Eviline's crew, but it's all full of drama and bull, and it's always the same end result of Mira being a coward and Eviline winning the competition.

That's why I work at this store to hide away from my so-called friends. I'm simply a follower to them. However, the sky isn't falling anytime soon, so I'll keep striving.

My shift ends on a good note. Not many people visit this store, which is perfect for my sake, because I'm antisocial and I get paid on hours, not revenue. Even if not one person enters through those old, glass doors, I still get paid $7.00 per hour.

I walk out the door, when a figure walks up to me. She has long, dark hair and mysterious baby blue eyes.

"Hello, Hope."

My eyes widen. I freeze in place.

"H-How do you know my n-name?"

"I'm your depression and anger."

"You're joking."

"Sweetheart, why would I be? I know everything about you."

"Prove it then", I respond nervously.

"Well, you hate your friends, you wish you could be understood, your favorite song is Time to Dance by Panic! at the Disco, and your favorite color right now is yellow."

I stand speechless, and start to back away towards my car. I wish that my car isn't so far away, and not because I'm lazy to walk.

 I wish that my car isn't so far away, and not because I'm lazy to walk

"Don't be afraid, dear. I'm not here to hurt you. I'm here to protect you from the dangers of the world."

I stop moving. "Really? You'll do that for me?"

"Of course." She smiles.

I run to her and she hugs me. She's warm, despite the colder weather. It feels nice. I haven't felt anything like this ever. She smells like lavender and blackberries.

"I have to go now, but I will visit you as often as I can."

I frown, and a soothing melody chimes as she fades away.

I saunter to my car and lean on the door

Why did I like that?

I open the door and sit down. I rest my head on the steering wheel.

She just said that she was my depression, but I've never felt so warm. She said that she was my anger, but I've never felt so calm.

She knows everything about me, but she can't know how I feel.

I turn key in the ignition and drive off.

**

A/N

hey y'all sorry about the wait i've been busy but how is everyone? i've been pretty good myself. more coming very soon i promise! stay hydrated everyone :) ♥️