one - mira

I sit down in my red silky chair where I ponder the thoughts of torturing all of those who have pestered me, as I have done at the same time at the same place for many years, where a strange thought crosses my mind.

Why am I so lonely?

Oh. That's right. I scare people. Sometimes I wish that I could keep my bitchy thoughts to myself, but what can I say? Rules must be obeyed.

My life is a complete mess. I can't keep most friends, although one of them sticks around for some weird reason. Even though he seems really, really antisocial he's actually a good guy. I guess that's one of the high points in my life currently.

On the other hand, my issues are mainly the people around me. They don't understand the potential that Mira Sacra has to offer.

I mean, I'm a good singer. Although everyone keeps bringing me down about it and proving me wrong every single year at that stupid singing contest.

Those pricks.

This year I will win that competition, and I will make sure with every fiber of my being that it happens.

I then hear a knock at my door.

Judging by the possibility of a murderer standing at my door, I carelessly mumble the words "Who is it?", hoping for it to be my dad or something.

It just happens to be my friend, Perri.

"Hey Mir," he chirps.

"Perri, what are you doing here?" I yell. He flips his fringe to cover up his eyeliner-smudged blue eyes.

"I just wanted to stop by and see if you wanted to hang out for a while"

"Oh. Okay. Come in."

He accompanies himself to the living room and sits on the couch facing my chair.

"So what's new?"

"You know that nothing's new. We hung out yesterday and I told you that nothing was new, or that anything was going to be. What about you?"

"I just bought the new My Chemical Romance album. Sometimes I think I'm actually in love with Gerard Way."

I cross my legs. "Whatever." I then remember to ask him about an idea I came up with the other day. "Anyways, we should audition for the contest together this year. We'll show that stupid judge who's kicking who's asses."

He grins at my idea. "Hell yeah! We should go with an edgy song though. If you want I'll help you write it."

My initial reaction is to say something along the lines of "no I'll do it myself", but I suppose this is our audition and not my audition.

"Let's do it then."