Chapter 5: Journey to Spooky Island

Nicholas was asleep near the fire, snuggling against something while her uncle told his frighteningly boring campfire story.

Nobody bothered to wake her up, since she's... Nicholas. And Neil made sure to sit as far from her as possible.

He's not going to make the same mistake again. And so, he made sure to.

Suddenly, she was woken up by the sound of screaming. The girl punched the nearest object, and the object shouted.

"OW!"

The cynical female rubbed her eyes and saw Neil on the ground rubbing his black eye.

"The hell's wrong with you guys? I'm trying to get some sleep here," she noticed that everyone was staring at her until she felt her pillow move.

She looked to her right to see the cynical boy awkwardly shifting. She pushed him near the fire.

"What the fuck! You could've killed me!"

"You fuckers woke me up! It's only fair! What happened to Space Kid?"

Max answered, "I put a squirrel inside him and everyone screamed."

"Cool."

"Can you believe this guy? He did not get scared at all," Neil complained.

Nicholas shrugged, "It probably wasn't even scary anyway."

David placed his hands on his hips, "Alright. You both think you're so--"

Strange noises interrupted him.

"Tough? Wh-What do you think about that moaning and wailing?"

"Pssh, it's just teenagers from that church camp working on those repressions again," Max rolled his eyes.

"Not that I know about it. Just being a kid and all."

"AHHHH! What about that ghost ship!?" David pointed to a seemingly haunted ship. They screamed in distress.

Nicholas groaned, "That's just pirate camp practicing their night sailing, you dumbasses."

The fog cleared up to reveal a sailboat with kids onboard.

"Ayyyy... mateys!"

Neil turned and faced the bushes with wide eyes.

"Uh, guuuuuuys?"

"GUYS!" Nikki yelled.

Everyone faced the bushes rustle loudly until the quartermaster came out.

"What the blue ball blazes is happenin' here?"

David, Nikki, and Neil screamed once again while Max and Nicholas watched the poor excuse of events play out.

(Intro plays and yada yada yada)

"Oh! Whew! Hey, Quartermaster!"

Quartermaster raised his hook, "Someone out here killin' campers?"

Gwen waved her hands, "We're fine, QM. We're just having some good old campfire scary stories is all."

"So... no dead campers then?"

"Nope! We're good!" David gave a thumbs up.

"...Damn. And to be sure; no one's doin' anything stupid, like trying to get over to SPOOKY ISLAND?"

The dramatic thunder rolled in at the mention of the island.

"What? No, of course not!"

"Not even on the night of the new moon, right? When ghosts walk the island, an' demons rise from the pit, an' aliens kidnap any trespassers an' probe their tender--"