Chapter 6: Closer Than Ever

Telling Sherry and Jake about their plans to marry, Claire and Chris were happier than ever. Sherry called the same justice who officiated their own ceremony while accompanying Claire into the city to buy herself a wedding dress. Jake was helping Chris with finding a new suit. "Alright thank you Mr. Harper" Sherry said, getting off the phone and turning to Claire. "Alright Claire, I just called him and he will be ready by tomorrow morning" Sherry said to her, "That sounds great thanks" Claire said to her. Since they were going to marry tomorrow, Sherry and Jake made sure that both were separated for the evening, as it was bad luck to see the bride before the wedding, so Chris remained at the cabin with Jake, while Sherry and Claire stayed at her place in the city. Jake and Chris were on the couch, kicking back a few cold ones, "Jake?" Chris said to him. "Yeah Chris?" Jake said to him, "Listen I owe you big and I didn't get a chance to explain what happened between me and your father" Chris said to him. "Chris you don't have to tell me...." Jake said, but was interrupted by Chris, "No Jake I do. We were on the same team back in the 90s, the S.T.A.R.S team" Chris said. "From Raccoon City?" Jake asked him, which Chris nodded to him.

                                     "We were the best of the best and we were almost like a family. That was until I found out your father was a double-agent for Umbrella." Chris said to him. "What?" Jake asked him, "A double-agent and when I found out, I wanted to kill him, however one of the B.O.Ws he was cooking up murdered him" Chris said to him. "But he didn't die did he?" Jake asked him, Chris looked at him and said "No, he survived and we met back up on Rockfort Island, as well as Antarctica, which was where I thought he was dead after a whole bunch of construction materials fell on him" Chris said to him. "Not even that killed him, so sometime after we tracked him down to the Spencer estate in Europe where Jill and I found a dead Spencer and a very much alive Wesker. We both fought him, but Jill tackled him out the window and I thought both were dead from the fall. I then found that bio-weapons were being used in Africa and I was teamed up with Sheva Alomar, who aided me against the Las Plagas and Uroboros viruses. Those were made by Tricell and we actually found that Excella Gionne was not only behind it, but she was allied with Wesker and both had Jill held a captive. In all that time, Wesker wanted to unleash Uroboros upon the world and I couldn't let that happen." Chris said to Jake. "So you killed him?" Jake asked him and Chris nodded, "Yes. It was either him or the world would die and I don't think you'd like to live in a world infested with such monsters" Chris said to him honestly.

                                         Jake looked down and processed the information which Chris was generous enough to provide. "Jake?" Chris asked him, which Jake turned and looked at Chris. "Are you alright?" he asked Jake, "Yeah, but I can't believe my own dad wanted to do all that" Jake said to him. "Wesker did terrible misdeeds in his life Jake, but you are not your father. In fact you're better than he ever could hope to be, do you understand that? Look how far you have come, you've been a mercenary, as well as Sherry's partner during the C-Virus outbreak and now you're her husband. I'm proud of the man you've become" Chris said to him. Jake looked at him and smiled "Thank you Chris. It means a lot to hear you say that" Jake said to him. "If your father were alive, he'd likely would never have said that to you. But I'm glad I am hear to say it" Chris said, placing his hand on Jake's shoulder. Sometime that night, Chris was in the master bedroom, while Jake was in the guest room and by morning, both men were ready for the ceremony. Jake also planned to not only be a witness, but also the best man, while Sherry also doubled as the maid of honor.

                                         Jake drove Chris to the site where the wedding took place. The site overlooked the lake and Justice Harper was already there waiting. Both men approached him and shook his hand. "Jake it is good to see you my boy" Harper said to him, Jake smiled. "Likewise Mr. Harper, this is my friend Chris Redfield, he is the proud groom" Jake said to him. "Glad to meet you Chris" Harper said shaking his hand, "Nice to meet you sir" Chris said to him with a smile. "Where is your lovely bride?" he asked Chris, "Sherry should be here with her soon" Chris replied. "Okay" Harper said, then all three men heard car doors open and close, making all of them look to where the noise was coming from. Claire and Sherry arrived in another of Claire's cars, this one being a white Mercedes, perfect for the wedding. Claire was in a beautiful white dress, which went down to her feet, but it was slim and she could walk in it and a veil over her head, but not covering her face.

                                           Claire proceeded to walk towards us like in a church and Sherry accompanied her as well. Once up by Chris, Jake and Harper, Claire turns to Chris and he to her. "Alright let us begin. Dearly beloved, we are gathered her today in the sight of god to join this man and this woman in the bonds of holy matrimony. Chris do you take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife? Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her in sickness and in health for as long as you both shall live?" Harper said to Chris, "I do" Chris replied. "And do you Claire do you take this woman to be your lawfully wedded husband? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him in sickness and in health for as long as you both shall live?" Harper asked Claire. "I do" Claire said to Harper. "Now by the power vested in my by the almighty god and the state of Michigan, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Congratulations" Harper said to them, resulting in both of them kissing. Now happily married, Chris and Claire completed their wedding with a certificate of marriage, making them official.