Chapter 1 - coffee

It's been over a month now since me and Gem moved from Latvia to Korea.
It's 10 am on a Saturday morning and honestly I don't know why I'm up this early.
I opened the curtains to let the warm and bright morning sun into my room. As I stood there looking out the window I could feel the warmth of the sun on my bare feet.
I made way out of my room and into the bathroom. Gems room was opposite of mine and I could see that her door was closed so that meant that she was still sleeping. I know that because she always opens her door fully when she is awake, call it a habit, I don't know.
I came back into my room to get dressed for the day. Whilst washing my face and feeling the cool water splash on my face I decited i wanted to go to a coffee shop I have been wanting to visit for a week now.
I exited the bathroom and made way to my closet to pick out the appropriate outfit for this warm yet brisk September morning.
As being a stylist I feel quite pressured to dress nice, clean and trendy. So I went for my safe outfit today. Trousers, a white tee and loafers. I added a leather jacket just to be extra warm, just in case. BTW, I LOVE LEATHER JACKETS.
I didn't bother to do my makeup, it's not like I'm gonna meet someone I know, the only people I know are Gem and my classmates from my korean learning class, but it's not like I'm gonna run into them because most of them live on the other side of the city from me. Plus this isn't Latvia and the small town I'm from. In my city you go out and see someone walking toward you but you don't know them and they don't know you but you both already know the tea and drama about each other.
I left a note for Gem saying I'm going out for a while and that I'll be back in two or three hours. I placed it in the middle of our marbled and clean kitchen counter so it could be easily spotted when she goes to get a snack.

The coffee shop is about ten minutes away from our apartment building.

I walked up to the cafe and admired the comfy atmosphere. There were a couple of seating areas outside, which had these little navy blue sofas with a dark wooden table, for decoration there were these palm trees in pots placed around the area.
I entered the cafe and was pleasantly surprised by the little amount of people.
The interior on the inside was similar to the outside, everything was mainly dark and had very muted colours except for the navy sofas that added pops of colour to the room. The hanging fairy lights made it seem more cozy, even the fact that they weren't turned on made me feel safe and warm. I bet it looks really nice in the evening when the sun has set.

"Can I get your order"
I was startled by this sudden sentence. The barista had woken me up from my daydream. I turned my head and smiled at him. "Can I get that" I pointed to a random cold drink on the menue. I panicked, I do that sometimes, because I hate that people have to wait for me to make up my mind and to finish doing something.
"Large or medium sized" the man spoke again. "Medium, please" I answered, still panicking a little inside.
"Do you want an extra pump of caramel?"
"Yes"
As soon as I answered he turned around and started making the coffee.
The barista looked about 4 years older than me, so he would be 24. He looked well built but his height seemed shorter than mine. He had light brown hair that glistened goldish in the sun coming in from the big windows.
"Here you are" he was now facing me and handing me the coffee. "Thank you" I answered, whilst giving him the exact amout of money. I gave him a slight smile when walking away end exiting the cafe to go sit outside.
I picked a spot where the sun was shining so I don't get a little cold.
I sat my drink on the little table and sat on the navy sofa.
I had picket the perfect spot where I can clearly see the whole area.
The scenery was beautiful, there were these beautiful, big trees whit pink flowers planted underneath the tree in the shade the tree had made, but it wasn't the scenery that caught my attention.
A man dressed in what seemed as loose grey tracksuit pants that were rolled up above the knee, with a black t shirt and an army green coloured jacket, that he had pared them with a black beane and a black mask. He also had on black old skool vans.
I just watched him and admired his fashion sense that made me feel intimidated. He clearly seemed as the the person who knew he is better than everyone, yet he still radiated a broken and tired energy, like the leader and it guy vibe was an act.
Suddenly he looked right at me and it felt like he was looking into my soul. His stare seemed dominant and powerful yet his eyes seemed soft and innocent. It felt like we were making eye contact for about 30 minutes but it was at least 30 seconds.
He then went back to what he was doing before.
I still watched him from the corner of my eye whilst I was scrolling through my phone, never touching the coffee I just bought to have a taste.

Man..how many photos does this guy take, yeesh he must have 100 photos already that look the same.
As soon as I finished my shady thought he put his phone in his pocket and walked towards the cafe where I was sitting. I started to panick again. Maybe he noticed me secretly looking at him and now he's gonna confront me about being a creepy stalker. It's not my fault the man looks hella fine in that fit, that makes me feel boring and a bad stylist.
He didn't even look at me he just walked past me and entered the coffee shop.
I felt relieved, but then after 5 minutes he was back with a coffee in his hands, scanning the seating area with his eyes.

"Is this seat taken?" he spoke, whilst pointing at the sofa infrot of me that was next to my table.
"N-no, go ahead" I answered him feeling anxious again.
He sat down and took off his mask, and that's when I realised who this mistery man was. I kept my expression still so he doesn't suspect that I recognise him. I guess he thought I didn't know who he was, because of my appearance he could tell I'm a foreigner, and that I would have no clue who he actually was, because maybe where I'm from no-one knows about k-pop.
Suddenly he spoke again and reached a hand out for me to shake.
"Hi, I'm R-.... Kim Namjoon"
I wanted to tell him I know, but I didn't want to scare him away. The fact that he almost introduced himself as RM made me chuckle inside
" I'm Liv Sparkes" I said and smiled at him whilst shaking his hand...

TO BE CONTINUED

A/n - please note and comment your opinions on the first chapter :)