Chapter 2: Isaiah

I was on my way to school, running late as usual. I rushed trying to straighten my dark blonde hair. As soon as I walked out of my house it was so cold. When I'm cold and nervous I tend to shake quite a lot. I just hope it doesn't affect anything!

My phone vibrated, a Text from Luci.

Yvonne! Where are you? We're gonna be at the bay, be here at 7:50!

Are you kidding.. It was already 7:41 I would barely get there if I was lucky.

My dad dropped me of at the front, "Thanks, bye!" I said. I stepped out and sat in the front of the school. As soon as the coast was clear, free of my dad and teachers I quickly walked to the bay. It was only about 3 minutes away. It was already 7:54.

"Class starts at 8:00..." I thought to myself.

As soon as I saw the view I knew I was there. Then I saw Luci and the others.

"Yvonne! You came late! It's okay though were doing this tomorrow morning same time. Come early this time, or it'll be the same thing as today!" Said Luci.

"Okay then... Can't we be a little late to class?" I said.

Isaiah looked at me and smiled,

"Yvonne... It's too late. Even if we were to go we would come to class late and It would be suspicious."

God he is so gorgeous... I thought.

"I don't wanna put you guys at risk, we will just come tomorrow!" I said batting my lashes.

The whole group were asking me saying if they smell, if their eyes are red, if I had mints. I was annoyed with myself. If only I had gotten here 5 minutes earlier...

Isaiah ran to me, "Hey! Yvonne! I have some bud on me, want it?"

"But it's yours!"

"Nah it's all good. You didn't smoke this morning so I thought I would make it up. It's not enough for both of us but you can have it."

I smiled at him.

"Thanks Isaiah, you're the best!"

The bell rang. I gave him a hug, he was so warm-it felt so good, "Bye"

"Have fun, Yvonne."

School ended and my dad was waiting where he always did. I got in the car, my dad playing 80's music as always.

"How was school?"

"Good." I said as I always did no matter how amazing or horrible it went.

The rest of the car ride was silent like it always was. Except with the music of course. Me and my dad were never close. I guess as a little girl but I don't remember much at all. Everyday I would find things out I didn't know about him, and they weren't good. For as long as I knew he and my mother didn't get along. They didn't want to divorce because well my mom didn't want it to affect us. He was an alcoholic. Eventually she got over it and stopped talking to him. He wouldn't let her get a job or go out. He was the most sexist, homophobic, judgmental man I ever knew and would know. He would think she would cheat but she never did. My mother started gaining her freedom again when she stopped giving him attention. But everytime she went out he would come home drunk and wanna fight. My mother was the strongest woman I knew.