malice&meetings

three ; jimin

Step after step, lap after lap

Step after step, lap after lap. It filled Jimin with an unimaginable pain as his muscles and lungs screamed at him to stop.

But it wasn't anything he wasn't used to. His father had always pushed him as a kid to go the extra mile, both literally and metaphorically. He was used to pushing himself to the boundary. He was used to finishing a run and feeling bile rise in his throat, used to waking up the next morning unable to move.

And so, when he finished the 25 laps, everyone was still at dinner. He ignored the rumble in his stomach, taking a hot shower and putting on a face mask. It was only half seven and he had a private singing lesson at eight. He decided to use his spare time to sit down with a book, since he didn't have his phone.

Unfortunately, he was only able to read a couple words, before the door of his dorm slammed open, and in walked his three room mates.

"You are going to love us so much," Taehyung said, holding something behind his back. Jimin was still unsure how he felt about the boy. He seemed relatively nice but Jimin had learnt not to trust people too easily.

"I'll be the judge of that," Jimin answered, putting away his book, and sitting up.

Mark, his other room mate, laughed. Jimin was even less sure about how he felt about Mark. The boy was quiet and barely said a word.

Jeongguk sat beside Jimin on the floor, shuffling close.

"We smuggled you some dinner!" Taehyung announced, brandishing the bowl from behind his back and placing it in front of Jimin.

Jimin started salivating at the sight of the steaming rice and japchae. "Okay, you're right, I love you guys." He immediately grabbed the chopsticks from Taehyung's hands and dug in. "How did you guys do this?" Jimin asked between mouthfuls of food.

Taehyung laughed. "Well, these two are pussies so I basically did it all myself. It was actually really difficult so buy a watch."

Jimin laughed, careful not to open his mouth and spill the food inside. "Thanks guys."

"Well, we couldn't let you go hungry," Jeongguk said and it was only then that Jimin noticed how he was staring at his bowl of food. Reluctantly, he handed the bowl over to Jeongguk, letting him take a piece of meat. Seeing his eyes light up made it almost worth the sacrifice.

"Do we all have a break now?" Taehyung asked, spreading his body across his bottom bunk and scrolling through his tablet. Mark nodded, climbing into his own bed and getting under the duvet.

"I have a vocal lesson soon," Jimin answered.

"That's rough. I had one this morning, and honestly it makes three hours feel like a year. You're on your own for two out of the three hours, but the coach checks on you a couple times," Taehyung explained. "My throat feels so raw."