chapter 2: new meetings

As soon as the maid leaves the room I break down. I had been trying my hardest to keep myself together, but when I was finally alone I couldn't help but cry. I am never going to see my family and friends again. I'm dead while I had still so many things to do.

I lay down on the bed with my arms over my head. Maybe I could do the things here, yeah that's what I'll do. I will build a new life here, a better one. Where I definitely will do all the things I want. I smile at the thought of being free. If I become a warrior like the queen said I will make everyone obey me. And no one can hold me back.

After taking a bath I put on the clothes the maid brought in during that time. She also told me there was a guard waiting for me outside my room. I stood in front of the mirror "I will surpass the Amari that lived on earth." I tell my reflection. I walk out of the room to meet the guard on the other side of the door. He greets me by bowing. "Woung warrior, please follow me to the training room." I nod and we begin our walk.

I walk after him while we pass long halls and big, open rooms. We enter one of the open spaces. The room has the same pillars as in the throne room, but it's a bit lighter here. There are all sorts of people wielding swords, spears, bows and more weapons. "Young warrior Amari Koshi has arrived!" The guard calls out. A young woman comes walking over to us. The guard bows and I follow his gesture. "Amari, welcome to my training area." She says as she spreads her arms and lightly turns her head back. "My name is Donella, princess of Heon. I will train you and make you a trustful warrior." "Thank you, your majesty." She puts her hands on my shoulders. "Hmm, skinny." She whispers to herself. "Damian, thank you for your service, you may go now." She tells the guard.

After Damian leaves she turns to me again. "Follow me please." I follow her into a doorway located at the side of the training room. In the room are a lot of weapons. "Choose something you like, but choose wisely, you'll have to keep it." She says crossing her arms. Unsure of what to get I walk over to the bows, followed by knives and at the end a large display of swords. There are tags one the swords, name, weight, length and width are written on them.

After inspecting some swords I pick a middle-weight and rather short one. Blue panther is its name. Its handle has black tape and blue accent stones while the sword itself is made from a dark metal.

I walk back to Donella with it and show it to her. She gets exited when I show her the sword. "Ooh, you have good taste. Not too heavy, agile and pretty too." She says as she inspects the piece of metal. The corners of my lips curl up by her aproval. "Well," She puts her hand on her hips. "since it's already evening I won't have you start your training today." She walks over to a large chest next to the doorway and gets a belt out of it. "This is so you you can strap your sword around your waist, or behind your back, I won't judge." She hands me the belt and I take my sword through it. "You can walk around the place if you want to." Donella says as she walks back to the training area.

With my newly obtained weapon around my waist I walk out of the training area. Not knowing where to go, I hum a song while mindlessly walking around. I only stop when I see a door with a sign that says: library. I open the large door and step inside. It's a spacious squared room with multiple story's, all filled with books up until the ceiling. In the middle is a space with desks and couches.

I walk past the shelves. There are a lot of information books, also a few diaries. I pull out a book that says: How to kill an elf. I slowly start flipping through the book. There's pictures of weapons, elves and humans, surrounded by words. The words are in English but there is also another language I can't read. After I'm done flipping through the book I place it back on the shelf and make my way out of the library.

On my way to my bedroom I walk past a girl in the halls. At first she just walks past me, but then she stops me. "Hey wait." I turn around. "Are you new here." She walks closer to me. "Yeah I am. How did you know?" "You look rather awkward with that thing." She points at the sword hanging against my hip. "And your name was called at the training ground, Amari." She smirks. "Then I guess it's only fair for me to know your name too." I return the wicked smile she gave me. "It's Umae, but you can just call me Mae." "Nice to meet you Mae." I reach out my hand for her to shake it and she takes hold of it, squeezing a little bit to show she isn't weak. After that she turns around. "See you around, Amari." She says waving her hand.

~~~~~~~~~~

I spend the rest of the evening in my room. Wondering about what I'd have to do the next day. I know my training will start, but I don't know in what. Ofcourse I had to learn how to wield my sword, and probably also combat moves. I kept thinking until I drifted of to sleep.

○●○●○●○●
I had a lot of trouble with coming up with a name for the sword.