Part 1-We bid goodbye only to meet again...

It has been an eventful month in Mewar. Kunwar Pratap and Ajabde got married despite all the hurdles they faced. Rani Jaywantabai and Rani Veerbai barely had any time to rest. After the wedding had taken place, they had to make a visit to the shrine of Ekling Ji, as a thank you for letting the wedding take place smoothly. Then they had to worship the Kuldevi Ma back home and feed the Brahmins and donate generously.  Amidst all of this, Kunwar Pratap and Ajabde barely had any time to spend with each other. They craved to talk to each other but in vain. Soon the doomed day arrived when Ajabde had to leave for Bijolia. Kunwar Pratap found out that Ajabde would have to live in her maternal house until she came of age.

Ajabde was not very happy herself. 

She grew attached to Mewar and the royal family so much

She grew attached to Mewar and the royal family so much. Apart from all of this, she would miss Kunwar Pratap, the person she dearly loved. She was only 10 years old but somewhere she felt the pangs of separation any married couple would feel. Al of her belongings was packed and she was ready to go. She took one last look at the mirror and saw Kunwar Pratap sulking.

 She took one last look at the mirror and saw Kunwar Pratap sulking

Ajabde: What is it, Kunwar Pratap?

Pratap: Why do you have to leave? What if I forget you?

Ajabde: It's a tradition, Kunwar Pratap. There is nothing we could do. And besides, I am leaving only to return soon. And after that, we have our whole life in front of us.

Kunwar Pratap still looked unconvinced. He took out a ringer from his finger and spoke again.

Pratap: Keep this as a memory of me, Ajab. This will remind you of our love every minute.

Ajabde tenderly took it from his hand and smiled tearfully.

Before she could say anything, Rani Veerbai came in.

Veerbai: Ajabde, it's time for you to leave now. Come.

Ajabde knelt down and touched Kunwar Pratap's feet who immediately made her stand up.

Pratap: Don't embarrass me Ajabde. We are equals. All I can say is be safe.

Ajabde left the room with Rani Veerbai while Kunwar Pratap was sad. He was only 13 years old and barely understood marriage but he was afraid of losing his good friend.

The queens escorted Ajabde to the gates. Ajabde took their blessings and tearfully hugged Rani Jaywantabai whom she considered as her mother.

Jaywantabai: Don't cry Ajab. Remember, we bid goodbye only to meet again and soon you will come back bringing loads of happiness with you.

Ajabde entered her palanquin and sat down with a heavy heart. As the palanquin started to move, Ajabde caught a glance of Kunwar Pratap leaning through a window. This was going to be a hard thing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you guys like my new book.

Please read, vote and comment.