Part 2- 6 years later

"Bhouji Raj Ki Jay! Bhouji Raj Ki Jay! Bhouji Raj Ki Jay! "

The voices echoed as Kunwar Pratap returned from Ajmer. 

He had a serene smile on his face as he rode through the Mewar Mahal

He had a serene smile on his face as he rode through the Mewar Mahal. He was welcomed by his sister Maan Kanwar.

 He was welcomed by his sister Maan Kanwar

"Khamma Ghani, Dadabhai!"

"Ghani Khamma, Maan. Where is everyone else?"

"Everyone is busy in the Puja room doing a yaag for your and Bhabhisa's well being."

Kunwar Pratap scrunched his nose at the mention of Ajabde. 

The brother and sister went into the puja room and prayed to the Kuldevi, Ma Bhavani.

Rana Uday Singh and Maharani Jaywantabai were performing the yaag while Rani Dheerbai and Rani Veerbai sat behind them along with Chand Kanwar.

Kunwar Pratap and Maan joined them and finished the yaag.

Rani Veerbai went up to him and gave him some prasad while he took her blessings.

Veerbai: This yaag is for your and Ajabde's well being. I only hope that both of you live long and prosperously.

Jaywantabai: Veerbaiji, everyone hopes that they live a long life happily together, even Kunwar Pratap.

Everyone chuckled while Kunwar Pratap looke a little embarassed.

Kunwar Pratap gave her a thin smile and left.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Kunwar Pratap and his friend Chakrapani Mishra were fighting with their sword. Kunwar Pratap was angrily wielding his sword scaring the daylights out of Chakrapani Mishra.

Chakrapani: Bhouji Raj, why are you so angry? I feel like you are going to kill me.

Kunwar Pratap stopped and looked at Chakrapani with the same anger.

Kunwar Pratap: You are my best friend. Why would I kill you?

Chakrapani Mishra: Why are you so angry then? You were not like this before you went to Ajmer.

Kunwar Pratap: She hasn't written to me in 2 months now. For the last 5 years, we have always written to each other. Now it seems as if she doesn't care for me anymore.

Chakrapani: She as in Ajabde Baisa?

Kunwar Pratap: Yes, her. What is making her so busy that she can't write a letter back?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Ajabde: Thank you, god. You have given me a life that I would never dream of. You gave me a husband who loves his country and he loves me as well. That is more than I could ever ask for.

Ajabde tenderly poured some water into the Tulsi plant and prayed to Ekling ji, her savior, her everything.

She walked into the Mahal only to be met by her widowed mother Hansabai. 

Ajabde: What is it, Ma?

Hansabai: Nothing. I was just wondering why you haven't written a letter to Kunwar Pratap in 2 months.

Ajabde: It totally slipped my mind, Ma. Besides, he won't bother so much about it. He is a busy man.

Hansabai: I doubt that Ajab. You know how much he loves you. He must be very angry right now.

Ajabde chuckled. Facing the angry Kunwar Pratap was a task indeed.

Ajabde was going to her room when she felt something very uncomfortable happen to her and she felt her back and stomach pain. She called on her mother who rushed into her chamber.

Hansabai: What happened, Ajab?

Ajabde: I feel very weird, Ma. My stomach and back hurt really bad.

Hansabai saw a red mark on her clothes and smiled.

Hansabai: Ajabde, no need to worry. You have come of age. This means the time has come for you to leave for Mewar. Dasi, help Ajabde change into something comfortable and make arrangements for the Ritu Shuddi. I have to write to Jaywantabai immediately.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few days later...

Jaywantabai was reading the letter sent by Hansabai.

Dear Jaywanta,

How are you? I hope everyone in your family is hale and hearty. The reason for this letter is of utmost importance. Your daughter-in-law has come of age. I know how much you have wanted this day to come and now it has arrived. Now it's up to you to make all the arrangements to take back your daughter-in-law with respect. I hope you will come and take Ajabde with you as soon as possible.

Your friend

Hansa

Jaywanta was more than happy

Jaywanta was more than happy. She was still in awe realizing the fact that her tender daughter became a woman, a woman ready to start her married life.

She rushed to Veerbai and hugged her.

Veerbai: What happened, Jija?

Jaywanta: Today I am very happy. Ajabde has come of age which means it's time for the Gauna Sanskaar.

Veerbai: Really? I am so happy for Kunwar Pratap. He will have someone in his life other than his wars and kingdom who will make his life beautiful.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------