The Bella Twins Go Head To Head With Rousey And Natalya During A Promo.

Three years ago...
A twenty-nine-year-old man was laying on the ground after a brutal street fight against John Cena. Cena won and left him on the ground bleeding and broken from the fight. After six months in the hospital, seven in physical therapy courtesy of torn muscles in his legs and arms. And a couple more years just staying at home and making some appearances on the indie scene.

He was called into the office of one Paul Levesque on October 14, 2018.

I walked into the Stamford, Connecticut offices of WWE Enterprises and met with the COO. "Mr. Boyce." I turned to his secretary. "Mr. Levesque will see you now."
"Thank you, Debra." I smiled. I walked into his office.
"Daniel." Paul got up and hugged me. "I'm glad to see your all better. And, I'm sorry to hear about Katherine."
"You'll forgive me if I don't want to talk about it."
"Hey, I understand. She was your fiancee man. So I'm guessing you're wanting to get back to work to try and forget about what happened?"
"You can say that. I mean. Even though I don't want to talk about it. It happened close to over a year ago already."
"Well, we're happy to have you coming back." Paul smiled. "Well, we have a week to promote your possible return."
"Understood." I smiled.
"You start next Monday." Paul smiled.
"Thank you."

I drove to the hotel and headed back to Idaho Falls. But made a special trip to Rigby Pioneer Cemetary to visit my Aunt Lois, Uncle Bob, Great Grandma, and Grandpa Fillmore. And as mentioned before by Paul. At least somewhat. My fiancee Katherine Martinez. A high school friend of mine that I was going to marry a few years ago, but life isn't fair. Not mine anyway.
After 'speaking' to my aunt and uncle and my great grandma and grandpa. I walked over to a headstone in the shape of a small rose bouquet.
"Hey, Katherine." I sat in front of the headstone. "Sorry for not visiting as much anymore. I have good news. Well for you it would have been infuriating news. I'm going back to work for WWE. I can't do these sporadic appearances on indie circuits. And it's driving me nuts that I'm always home. But not having you with me." Tears started to well up in my eyes. "I just can't anymore. I need to do something that I love. To keep my mind busy. I wish you were here. I constantly wish that it was me instead of you. But then you would probably be where I'm at. Crying in front of my headstone. I miss you, Katherine. And no matter what happens. You'll always be with me." I pulled a Celtic Cross I had around my neck. "Because I always have this." I kissed the cross then got on my knees and kissed the headstone. "I love you, Katherine." I stood up and just started walking away.
"Daniel." Said Sadie. Katherine's sister.
"Hey," I said trying to keep the tears back.
"Hey. How are you doing?"
"I'm uh. I'm fine." Sadie always looked after me when her sister was busy or not around. She's been a second guardian angel since Katherine 'left'.
"Come on, Daniel. I know you better than that. I mean you were engaged to my sister."
"Fair enough." I grinned a bit. "I'm going back to work for WWE."
"That's great."
"Not to Katherine if she was still around."
"Yeah. She hated you working on the road 354 days a year. But it seems you would have fewer workdays now that the sport has changed."
"Yeah. But I still miss her. She would argue with me constantly about my schedule. But I always made it up to her. I never failed her in that regard."
"Oh. I know she would talk my ear off as to how good you made it up to her. Sometimes with sex or gifts or nice vacations or even better. Just spending time with her."
"So you literally spoke about everything."
"We were sisters. So, of course, we talked about everything." She grinned.
"Well, I better go. See you around."
"Don't forget Daniel. Dinner at my place at seven on Sunday."
"You keep inviting me and I keep blowing it off. Are you ever going to give up?" I asked.
"No. Because Katherine wouldn't want me to. Mom and dad may have given up on you. But I won't."
"You're a saint you know that?!"

Over the next few days, I worked out for hours in my garage gym. Getting myself in fighting and bone breaking shape. But when Sunday evening came around. I was woken from a nap by a knock came to the door. "I'm coming," I answered and saw Sadie. "Sadie."
"Since I had a feeling that you wouldn't show. I thought I'd bring dinner to you." She pushed inside and carried in a couple of bags of food already prepared by her. I closed the door behind her. I didn't argue with her and we had a nice dinner. But once it was over I told her that she had to go because I had to catch a flight first thing in the morning. "You better call me when you land."
"Sometimes I wonder if I'm still married to the family. Through you."
"Don't joke about that." She giggled as she finished putting away the leftovers from our dinner. "By the way. You better take that Gnocchi with you. It won't keep that long. If you can eat it on the plane your golden."
"Got it." She hugged me before she left. "And yes, I'll call you when I land."
"Good." She left and I packed and went to bed.