This is NOT a Date

Amy's POV

I stood there for a while, in the very exact spot that Shadow and I exchanged numbers only moments ago. I was completely dumbfounded. Shadow may be able to pull off this whole nice guy persona on the outside but, was this really the new and improved Shadow, or is he still the same dark and sinister guy I met six years back?

"Amy!"

The voice broke me out of my deep thinking. "Huh?"

"Are you coming? We have tons of delicious ice cream just sitting at home! I suggest we go eat it!"

"I'm coming Rouge!" I shouted.

She exhaled. "Well hurry up. I'm in the mood for moose tracks."

*****

"Well that was uh..something. You know back at the theater."

"Ikshknowskfkright!" She said with a mouthful of moose tracks.

I arched an eyebrow and gave her a look that said 'What the hell are you even trying to say women?'

That was all she needed to swallow her ice cream and start speaking correctly.

"I know right. I mean did you see Knuckles? He was acting even worse than back when we were kids! He still looks pretty good looking though if you ask me but that doesn't take away from the fact that he's an ass. Oh my gosh and that stupid fucking Molly chick, who did she think she was just calling him by my pet name!"

She literally screamed the last part. I'm pretty sure the people above us were dialing the police station right about now.

Her face was tomato red and her palms were balled into fists. She was shaking furiously and even starting to sweat a bit. It scared the bejesus out of me, seeing her in this state.

I put my hand on her shoulder. "Rough, Rouge. Calm down. It's alright. He's a jerk anyways okay?"

"I know but.." Her lips were quivering, eyes glossy.

There have been few occasions where I have actually witnessed Rouge cry. Hearing her cry was a different story but actually seeing it with my own eyes, was another.

Times I have seen Rouge The Bat cry.

1. At a funeral

2. When she broke her leg

3. Right now

Seeing her like this made me want to cry myself, but I maintained my composure. I scooted closer to and enveloped her into a big bear hug. She only let a few tears slip before she stopped herself. She really hated people seeing her like this. She wouldn't even let ME see and we've lived together for four years! The situation must have really tool an impact on her.

The moment only lasted about five minutes. After grabbing a few tissues and cleaning herself up, she pretended like the whole little scene never happened and continued on with the conversation. I figured that much would happen. She wouldn't dare speak about the incident.

"Shadow seemed to dig the new Amy."

She said in obvious attempt to focus the attention towards me.

"No he didn't. He's just a creepo, that's all." I flushed.

"Ah." She smirked.

"What?!" I demanded.

"You're blushing like crazy!"

"Am not." I could literally feel the heat radiating off my body as I said it.