Chapter 6 💎💎💎

Niche's POV
   Its been 2 weeks since Kim and I became friends. We talk a lot, walk home together and hang out with the twins. Oh, and I think I'm falling for Kim!!!
I am yet to find out who the Tekni is and dad is losing his patience. The grouping stage of the basketball tournament is over with the Hathaway's beating California High. But they managed to pass the grouping stage. The team was not quite touched by their defeat with their reactions. Guess they're preparing for the friendlies.            
   Today, both the soccer and basketball team are going to the Hathaway high school in Boulder. I pack a simple camp backpack and quickly get ready. If I get to school early, I may be lucky enough to sit with Kim in the bus.
  As I get to the school parking lot where the bus was waiting, I see Kim and Val chatting excitedly and...the aura. So strong. I quickly turn around to a corner where I can't be seen and bring out my radiation scanner. I set the scanner to work. The aura is very strong around the area where Kim and Val are standing. This narrows my list of suspects to them. Now, who is it between the two of them? Kim or Val? Kim? I've been at her house a couple of times but there was nothing that seemed out of ordinary even though I was restricted to the sitting room and kitchen. Part of what I was taught in Spy School is that Teknis love doing things to make them remember their home. They will always put objects associated with Tekna around them to remind them of where they are from.
  But, there is this room at the corner adjoining the kitchen and stairs like a downstairs bathroom but it doesn't look as if it is used often. I might find something interesting in there or in any other room in the house for that matter. I'll see what I can do about that after the crossover.

Kim's POV
After an hectic packing, repacking and dragging, I finally get my camping bag to school. Val is already waiting for me but I am not as excited as she is or I'm supposed to be. After losing almost intentionally to the Hathaways, I have to go to their dumb school to face them in a friendly match. I see Niche coming towards the parking lot, then, he goes around a corner. I can see his shadow bring out something, a scanner. Seems he is spying on me again.
   Niche and I have been great these days and I am starting to trust him. Even thouugh it sometimes look like he is monitoring my every step and sometimes asks too personal questions, I still find him interesting and nice. I've tried looking for background information about him, the guy he is staying with and even his father. Turns out he actually lived in Miami for some time. Apart from that, I can't get hold of any other solid information about him. They are quite good at keeping their traces clean, I'll give them that. I'm starting to think that he might not be a threat after all. But then again, why would a whole Viper Prince be a realm away from his father's side when the father is busy cooking up trouble for his homeland. Besides, keeping their sons or daughters hidden away among humans is not Viper style. I have to be very careful around him.

   30 minutes later, we are told to enter the bus. I sit at the last seat beside the window and Ryan comes to join me. Great! I have an annoying seatmate on an annoying trip to an annoying place.

Niche's POV
I scramble to enter the bus as soon as the coaches tell us to enter the bus. All my efforts come to no avail as I see Ryan already settling down beside Kim at the back of the bus.
I can't believe that jerk gets to sit with Kim. He is so annoying. He can have her for today, but next time, I'm not gonna allow any nonsense.

Hathaway High School.
3rd person POV
  The California High joint team arrive at Hathaway High. The host team are already lined up outside to welcome their guest. The guest team come out with the two captain at the lead to meet the host captain - Jace Bruce. Kim, making it obvious that she is not so excited walk over to the host team with a bored face.

     Kim: Hi, it's nice to see you again. I am Kim and this is my colleague, Ryan, captain of the soccer team.
     Jace: Its nice to meet you in such a friendly and informal atmosphere like this. I look forward to more outside-the- court relationship between us.
     Kim: Me too.

She continues to look at Jace. Val whispers to her from behind.

     Val: Uhm...Kim, this is where you shake hands with him.
     Kim: Forget it. I'm not here to shake his hands.
     Jace: Shall we proceed then.
     Ryan: Wait, do we still have to do the tour thing? The soccer team was here last year and we can still remember virtually everything here.
     Jace: Its traditional.
     Sarah: Yeah...the British history and background that's gonna make me a better person in life.

Kim's POV
After the boring tour, we are shown the dorms where we are to stay, the girls occupying a large room with bunk beds and the boys on another part of the dormitory. After about 20 minutes, someone knocks on the door. I go to answer it.

      Jace: Hope I am not disturbing you?
      Me: No.
      Jace: I just wanted to tell you that lunch is in 10 minutes at the dining hall.
      Me: Ok, thanks.
      Jace: You're welcome. Uhm...I hope I won't be asking to much if I ask you to seat with me during the lunch?
      Me: (faking a smile) I'd love to.
      Jace: Great. Thanks. See you later, then
      Me: Of course.

I close the door.

     Val: So what was all that about?
      Me: Seems the are also playing the heart-trick.
      Mia: Interesting.
      Me: He invited me to sit with him during lunch.
      Fiona: I saw the way he was flirting with you during the tour.
      Sarah: Well, we are one step ahead of them.
      Me: We'll talk about it later. Let's eat first.
      All: OK.
      Me: And not even the boys should know about this.
      All: You got it.

   At the dining hall.
As I enter the dining hall, I see Ryan and the boys scattered sound three large tables. The girls go to join them. Ryan sees me and wave. I just smile and walk over to where Jace and his guys were sitting. I know Ryan will be a little annoyed but I gotta do this.

     Jace: You are here. Please seat.
     Me: Thanks.
     Jace: So, these are some of my teammates. Mitch here is my right hand pal.
     Me: (To Mitch) Nice to see you again.
     Mitch: Nice to see you too. You actually look more beautiful when you are smiling.

   "Seriously, that's like the dumbest compliment I've ever heard."
     Me: Awwn...thanks.

Ryan walks over to the table.

     Ryan: Uhm...sorry to interrupt but I have to talk to you, Kim.
     Me: Now?
     Ryan: Yes.
     Me: Am sure it's not that urgent.
     Ryan: What?!
     Me: I'll see you after lunch if that's okay.
     Ryan: Uh, Uhm... I guess.
And with that he turned away from the table, mumbling something. Jace continued flirting with me throughout lunch. After that, I accept his offer to walk me back to the dorm. I must say, he is really playing his game well.

Niche's POV
I had hoped to talk to Kim during lunch but I am more than surprised when she goes to sit with the Hathaways. This is not normal. In fact, nothing here is normal. The food, the stupid juice the pointless formalities, everything is not normal! The captain, Jace or whatever his name is has been flirting with her ever since we arrived but sitting together during lunch was something else. And the girls were comfortable with it. Something is fishy. I have to talk to Kim. Those guys are not as friendly as she might think.

Another finished chapter. More coming on soon. Who do you think will win the match between the two teams? Comments and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks for reading. Bye. <3