12 -Day The Thirteenth-

-Day The Thirteenth-

Sunday, week 4

Ray's chest wasn't particularly comfortable against her cheek but it felt nice. His arm around her waist was warm and protective and she trailed her fingers over his hand, enjoying the sensation that his touch gave her.

This was all okay, though, because this was just a dream. She'd had a few dreams about Ray but usually they were talking or something. She could really have done with a glass of water in her dream, she was parched and, come to think of it, her head didn't feel so good. She felt discombobulated- not as steady as she would have liked.

She opened her eyes and it hit her like a cannonball. This wasn't a dream- there were no random people, there were no random objects in the room, there were no flying animals but she certainly was attached to a guy and she would certainly have to get herself out of the house without waking him.

She tried to pull his arm away from her but it was wrapped too tightly. Instead, she had to wriggle out of his grip and on to the floor. Ray barely budged and Lydia rejoiced at the fact that he was obviously a heavy sleeper. She combed her fingers through her hair and straightened the black mini skirt that Amber had given her. She hated the skirt with its shiny fabric and lacy insert. She hated the fact that she had given in and was wearing the skirt.

Mostly, she hated tequila. Tequila had made Lydia giggle. Tequila had made Amber think that it was okay to leave Lydia for the first barely good looking guy that she bumped into. Tequila had pushed Lydia into a taxi and blindly recited Ray's address to the driver. Tequila had made her stumble into his house, giggling like a child and, most importantly, tequila had made her try to sleep with Ray Evans.

He had tasted like tobacco and alcohol, two things which she hated, but she hadn't cared because it was Ray. She needed to kiss Ray. She needed Ray.

Lydia gritted her teeth, slipping on her shoes in the hallway and picking her bag up from the floor. "I don't need anybody," she hissed to herself.

Then she opened the door and left the house, catching the first bus into the city.