Prologue

A tall man, wearing long, camouflage pants and a black, long-sleeved shirt, stands hidden in a tree during a stormy night. He sees a grenade fall under the tree and right before it goes off he jumps out, landing next to a women with long jeans, a broken, black, sleeveless shirt and ceremonial earrings.

                     "Marcos and Veronica..." said a man wearing black pants and a black leather jacket, carrying a revolver and a big backpack with more weapons hanging from it. "We've been on the hunt for you pests for a few months now."

                    "Vero, we need to call Nyx." said Marcos.

                    "We can't." answered Veronica. "Besides for some reason I can't use magic anymore." Veronica continued.

                    "Stupid witch, you thought I would come here unprepared?" said the man with a smirk.

                   "Easy now Bray, remember the boss wants them alive." said a woman's voice from behind Veronica and Marcos. In fear, they both looked at each other recognizing the voice.

                  "A...Amanda." said Veronica in fear as she turned to see the woman standing behind her. "No wonder I can't use magic."

                 "She's an altarian right?" asked Marcos.

                  "That's right priest. The last of my kind and the most powerful." said Amanda with unyielding pride. She was wearing a sleeveless, black jacket with a white shirt under it, long, blue jeans and a knife hanging from her wrist.

                "We could always make an exception Amanda." said another man after landing next to her. He was wearing a bullet proof-like vest, black, long pants and a black, feet-length jacket with a half moon symbol on the back.

                "No can do Victorian," said Amanda, "you know the rules."

                "You are just scared of the boss." said Victorian, mocking Amanda. While they were arguing, Marcos dropped a smoke bomb and fled with Veronica on his back.

                "Adorable." whispered Bray to himself with a smirk, going after them.

He threw a long, boomerang-like blade that cut down two trees, almost falling on top of Marcos and Veronica, but Marcos was able to dodge.

             "We need to get further away from Amanda if we want my magic to work." said Veronica nervously as tension rose. Suddenly, Bray smiled and shot Marcos in the leg, making both Veronica and Marcos fall next to a river.

             "Now's our chance... Vero," said Marcos in pain, "zap us out of here!"

              "No... they will just follow us... we must warn Nyx." said Veronica with a saddened voice.

She made her hand glow and put it in the river. Veronica used a spell to deliver a message to her daughter, Nyx.

              "What did you do?" asked Marcos, confused.

              "I sent a river message, I warned our daughter about all this... I also said... that we are going to miss her... and that we love her." Veronica answered with tears running down her eyes, letting her husband know that it is the end for them.

            "I understand," Marcos started speaking, "now... let us do our best... to protect our daughter." Just then, Marcos was shot in the chest by Bray.

            "Marc!" screamed Veronica, crying as she holds her now dead husband.

             "I must say, that was a cute show, but it was getting way to cheesy for my taste." said Bray with a sickening smile on his face.

             "You monster..." said Veronica, full of anger.

              She took on a fighting pose with her hand wide open, as if she was about to cast some sort of spell on Bray.

              "Don't bother." said Amanda, as she walked in to the scene.

              "Hey, I finally catch up to you guys." said Victorian, as he jumped next to Bray.

              "Well, now that we are all here..." Bray started

                "Where's the girl?" Amanda interrupted, with cold and bitterness in her voice.

                 "I won't tell you fools. If you think I am going to tell you were my daughter is, then you are wrong. I do not care if that bitch Amanda cancels my powers, she cannot break my spirit! And neither will him!" exclaimed Veronica, now standing straight.

                  "Are you done?" said Amanda, annoyed.

                 "If you're not going to tell us," said Bray smiling, "then we will be forced to kill you."

                  "Bray, don't you know how pissed the boss is going to be just because you killed one of them?" Amanda remarked, but Bray seemed to ignore her.

                  "Then do it! I'd rather die than compromise my precious daughter's safety!" responded Veronica, with determination burning bright in her eyes filled with tears.

                "Then so be it. I'll give you props Veronica, not everybody faces their death so openly." said Bray. Bray pointed his gun towards Veronica, but hesitated in doing so. He lowered the gun.

"Victorian, she's all yours." said Bray. Afterwards, Bray turned around with Amanda, who was clearly annoyed by her comrade's actions, knowing she will also have to face the consequences for the death of Marcos.

                  "Whatever happens from now on is on you, Bray." said Amanda. They both jumped into the night.

Victorian put his hand straight forward making a blast of darkness burst from his palm, engulfing Veronica. Before the darkness from Victorian covered her, she was able to use her final breath to say her last words for her daughter.

               "My little star... I love you..." She closed her eyes as she welcomes the cold embrace of death. Victorian lets out a smirk and vanished into darkness.