Chapter 27 They're Feelings In The Open.

"I see you got to know Amanda better." Nyx said and started to walk to the table. Hiding her jealousy. Giving him a fake smile that apparently Gabriel did not see trough.

      "Yeah... I guess" Gabriel said embarrassed.

      "Well good for you then" Nyx leaned on the table facing back at Gabriel.

      "Are you jealous?" Gabriel asked with a smile. Nyx could not help to feel annoyed by Gabriel's enthusiasm. 

      "No..." Nyx lied, looking away from him.

      "Well... ok..." He said feeling a little bit of disappointment. 

      "Ok..." She said as well. An awkward silence that extended for what felt like hours proceeded.

       "Can we talk about... What happened?" Gabriel asked gaining some courage. Wanting to break the awkwardness of the moment that was eating at him from the inside out. 

       "Why don't you go talk about it with your new friend?" Nyx said, not hiding the bitterness in her voice.

         "You are jealous." Gabriel said and got up from the table. "Why?" He asked standing in front of Nyx. The enthusiasm returning to his voice and she could feel it in his gaze.

        "Because... It's obvious you like her... " Said Nyx looking down, avoiding eye contact. Her cheeks starting to heat up.

         "Why do you think that?" Gabriel asked. A smiled starting to creep into his lips.

         "Because she's pretty... she has pretty green eyes... nice hair... just your type"

         "You're wrong, she is not my type" Gabriel said, putting his hand on Nyx's chin and raising her head. As soon as her eyes met his, she bit her lower lip. She almost lost her thoughts in his eyes. She wanted to grab him and pulled him into another kiss like before. She held herself back from doing so. 

"You are" he said and Nyx's cheeks started to turn scarlet red just like her eyes. She could feel her hands reaching for his shirt. The temptation and heat getting stronger and hotter. Still she simply said.

           "No, I'm not..." She  took his hand down and looked away.

"I'm weird and full of trouble... I'm not the girl for you..." She added and her eyes watered. She truly believed so, she thought Gabriel could do so much better that it hurt her.

          "But you are, Nyx" Gabriel said grabbing her hands. Their eyes met again and this time Nyx could feel the desire to kiss stronger on her lips. He was serious, she thought.

"You are smart, funny, cool, beautiful" Nyx's cheek started to heat up more and Gabriel smiled.

"You have perfect hair, amazing eyes" Gabriel continued and got cut off by Nyx hugging him tightly .

        "Shut up... just shut up you idiot" Nyx said crying. She felt her heart pounding against her chest as if it was a battle ram. Wanting to break torugh her to get to Gabriel's.

"Ok.. I'll shut up..." Gabriel said hugging her back. She felt his heart pounding back just as hard. Her body started to tremble and held her tighter.

"Can I say one last thing?" Gabriel asked and Nyx buried her face in his chest and nodded.

"I love you" Gabriel said and Nyx managed a smile as tears ran down her cheeks. He siad, he actually said it.

          "I... I love you too..." She answered. She did, she really did, she was not sure until she finally heard it from him and it felt so right to say it with this new feeling. They both looked at each other smiling.