Dead

~Kaylie~

I was at Maura's when there was a knock on the door.

"Could you get that for me?" Maura asked and I nodded with a smile.

I opened the door and Niall was there with a huge smile. He furrowed his eyebrows and came inside. I closed the door and walked over to Maura.

"Niall!" Maura squealed and hugged her son. I smiled at the sight.

My mom used to do that. I smiled at the memory and looked away.

"Kaylie why are you here?" Niall asked. I looked at him and smiled a little.

"I know Maura. She's like my best friend." I said and Maura smiled.

"But then how come I never met you?" Niall asked.

"You were in the x-factor." I said.

"I remember when you came over here with your mom and you were a little shy but you opened up soon" Maura said with a soft smile.

"Yeah. When my mom and I came over for the first time" I whispered. A tear slid down and I just have to leave.

"I'm uh gonna go so you can umm catch up" I said and ran home. I closed the door behind me and started to cry. God I miss mom and dad and Tyler so much.

Let me tell you what happened to them.

~Flashback~

I was walking home from school. When I got up to my front door it was open a little. I cautiously walked in. I walked into the kitchen and saw my mom in a pool of blood. My heart stopped. I started cry and ran over to her.

"Mom?" I breathed out. I looked at her chest an saw a gunshot wound. Oh my god. I stood up and looked for my dad. He was lying on the floor of the living room in a pool of blood also. I was sobbing by then.

My parents have been shot. I grabbed my phone and called the police and ambulance.

They arrived minutes later. It was a crime scene. No one has seen my brother, they only time I've seen him that day was at school before last period.

I was being questioned by police, there were a bunch of people crowding around me and I felt claustrophobic. I asked the police of they could ask me questions the next day and make these people leave. They said yes and the next day I answered all there questions.

~end of flashback~

They never caught the killer. This was about two years ago. It was after we moved back to America.

Then I lived with my aunt until I was 18 then I just had to leave so I move to London. I moved in with uncle Simon and well continued on with my life.

I haven't actually spoken about my parents death or my brothers disappearance. It's too hard to talk about them, knowing that they're gone.

My last words to my parents were "I love you and I'll see you after school".

At least I got to say I love you.

What I said to Tyler, my brother? nothing. I haven't spoken to him that day. I'm not even sure if he's alive still. God I hope so.

I hadn't realized I was sitting on the floor against the wall sobbing my eyes out. This is what I do. I sit and cry.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. I looked at the time. 11:37. Who is coming by at this time? To be safe, I grabbed a knife and I bat. I set the bat next to the door and held the knife behind my back. I opened the door and was relieved.

"Hey" I sniffed. I let him in and I put the knife back. I sat next to him on the couch.

"Are you okay? why are you in ireland? why did you leave London?" Niall bombarded me with questions.

"I'm fine. I'm in Ireland because I used to live here. I left London to clear my head" I answered. Niall engulfed me in a hug, catching me off guard. I hugged him back.

"Where are your parents?" he asked as we pulled away from the hug. The color of my face drained and I was about to cry again. I looked away from Niall and sighed.

"Not here" I said quietly.

"Oh....they on vacation or somethin?" he asked.

"Can we please not talk about this?" I snap looking at him. Hurt flashes across his face and I feel guilty.

"I'm sorry it's a touchy subject." I added.

"S' okay" he said.

"So what are you doing here? has Simon gave you Guys a break?" I asked.

"Yeah! I'm so happy to be back home. I never thought that a beautiful girl used to live next door to me" he said smiling.

"Whose that beautiful girl?" I asked.

"You" he said smiling. I return the smile.

"Yeah okay" I said standing up and walking into the kitchen.

"What? you think your not beautiful? that's crazy!" Niall says.

"Well it is if your insecure about your looks" I said looking at him from across the counter.

"You think you don't have a nice body?" Niall asks.

"Well I've just been.....self conscious or whatever I don't know" I said shrugging my shoulders.

"But thanks for the compliment" I added.

"Welcome" he said.

"I'm going to bed. Are you staying here or goin' home?" I asked.

"I'm gonna stay here with you if that's alright." Niall said. "plus I want to cuddle with you" he adds and I laughed.

"Okay Ni" I said walking up to my room, passing my parents' room.

I walk in my room and go to my dresser after turning the light on. Niall closed the door behind him and stripped down to his boxers. I open the window a bit because it was stuffy in the house.

I quickly changed then turned the light off. I climbed into bed next to Niall. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer.

"Kaylie?" Niall whispers.

"Yeah?" I whisper looking into his eyes.

"Um....will you...will you be my girlfriend?" Niall asked nervously. Girlfriend? wow. I like Niall I do.

"Yes" I answer and kiss his cheek. He smiled so big, I had to smile too. He nuzzled his head in the crook of my neck.

We fell asleep moments later.

"NO!" I screamed. I'm thrashing in my sleep when I'm being shook.

"Kaylie. It's okay love, it was just a dream" I hear a soothing Irish voice say. I open my eyes and hugged Niall and sobbed in his chest.

"It's okay....shhh..... it's just a dream" Niall said rubbing my back.

"No...its not. It's a memory" I sobbed.

"What?" Niall asked.

"It's a memory" I answered. I stopped crying and sat up straight.

"What do you mean it was a memory?" Niall asked sitting up also.

"I'll tell you....everything" I said.

I told about my parents and my brother. I told him everything. How I had a panic attack while I watched my parents be strolled away on stretchers.

"Kaylie...im so sorry" he said hugging me and kissing my forehead.

We lied down and fell back to sleep.

__________________________

How'd you like that???