Chapter 1 - Carats

The looming sun seeped inside the windows of the two story dorm. The lavender curtains in one the rooms swayed with the breeze as Junhui opened the windows. With a big gaping yawn, his arm stretched, and a arched back, he greeted the sunshine and wind to come flowing in. Much to the annoyance of one of his roommates.

"Jun Hyung," Groaned Seungkwan, burying his pale face on one of his pillows, but the warn sunshikne tickled him awake. "Please close the window."

"Sunshine is good for you." Claimed Jun, turning to face his roommate. "And why do you sound so cranky, something kept you up last night?" He asked.

Seungkwan yawned. "Yeah." He admitted with squinted eyes. Mornings weren't really his thing.

"What did?" Jun questioned, lifting his eyebrow at Seungkwan with pressed lips and crossed arms.

Seungkwan sighed with closed eyes. A few seconds passed with silence filling the room, a groan from the other side of the bedroom catching Jun's attention. Seungkwan and Jun locked eyes, one sleepy and the other worried.

"Dino?" Jun asked Seungkwan. "He didn't sleep again?"

Seungkwan nodded, "When I covered myself in my blankets last night, I heard him get out of bed. So I waited for him to come back. But, he didn't until, like, three in the morning."

"You didn't go to sleep cause Dino walked out the room?" Jun pressed.

"Hyung, he's been having nightmares these past couple of night. I'm just worried about him." Seungkwan answered. He stretched his legs out and got out of he bed.

Jun sighed, "Yeah, he's been losing sleep lately." He walked to the doorway and glanced back at Seungkwan. "Let Dino sleep. I'm making breakfast, rice or noodles?"

"Rice." Gleefully replied Seungkwan with a smile. With a nod, Jun walked out into the hallway.

"Seungkwan..." A voice called out, sending a shiver through Seungkwan's spine. He looked at his back to see Dino peeking out of his sheets. "Please close the window."

Seungkwan laughed. "Dino, it's 9 o'clock. I think you should get up." He moved to Dino's side of the room. He placed one hand on the blanket and pulled it to reveal Dino in a fetal position.

"Ugh!" Dino groaned, hugging his leg tighter. He tried to reach for his blanket, but to no avail. He peered his eye open, staring at Seungkwan. "Hyung, I'm tired."

"Well," Seungkwan began, shrugging his shoulders. "if you'd tell us what's wrong, we could help you sleep better at night." He added. He grabbed Dino's hand, hoisting him up to sit on the bed.

"I don't know, Kwan." Dino said, barely coherent with his head looking down at his feet. He bit his lip and look at his roommate, red eyes to red eyes. "I keep having these dreams..." He admitted with his trailing voice.

"Tell me about it." Seungkwan insisted. With a reassuring smile, he swung his arm over Dino's shoulder. "You can tell me anything."

"I don't really want to talk about it. " Dino replied with pouted lips. Turning his head down only to be turned to the side as Seungkwan leaned Dino's head to rest on the older boy's shoulder.

Seungkwan pressed his lips into a thin line and hummed. "Okay then, I'll respect what you want. But, you should really get help." He said, patting Dino's head. "School starts tomorrow. And with the way your sleeping, you'll have a hard time."