Chapter One

Nala woke up to crying. She was only 13 with a 5 year old brother and sister Kaia and Kai. She noticed they were fast asleep. She wanted to go back to sleep but the screams got louder with each one. She finally got out of bed trying not to wake up the twins. She tiptoed through the hallway till she she stopped in front of her mom's room . She wasn't stupid she knew her step dad was beating her mom but what could she do she was 13. Her real dad had died in a accident 2 years ago. She slowly opened and peeked through the door and saw Jamal's hand wrapped in her mother's long natural hair. Her mom was gorgeous and she hated to see her face get messed up by him. She grew with anger and couldn't watch as  Jamal hit her mother. She slowly closed the door and ran to the kitchen and grabbed the largest knife they had in the drawer. She ran back to the room and saw Jamal force himself into her only parent. She couldn't cry and let this continue she busted through the door and stabbed Jamal in his back more than 3 times. Her mother screamed Destiny couldn't believe this was happening "Stop Nani STOP!!!" Destiny screamed out to Nala and she did as told she had blood splatter on her Minnie Mouse pajamas. Destiny took the knife from Nala and told her to shower and Get the twins' suitcases. Destiny was a good mother, she never put her kids in harms way and she wasn't going to let it start now. Jamal would beat on Destiny but never her kids. She let Jamal break her arm before because he wanted Nala as she grew into her new developing body. Destiny knew better than to let a man hurt her kids she didn't want to be a recreation of her mom but deep in her mind she knew she was. That's why she told Nala to pack their bags she knew they needed to leave, she called her brother while Nala cleaned herself up. "Hey Liam...yeah it's me Destiny..." "hey Sis, what's good?" "I'm on my way." "Destiny what happened?" She could hear how serious her older brother was and it made her cry. She knew he would be dissapointed in her but she only wanted him and her kids right now. "I'll be there by morning." It was silent for a little till he broke it. "Aight sis, you coming down all the way from Atlanta to Miami...for sum and you're going to tell me. I'll be waiting." With that Liam hung up the phone and Destiny began packing her own bag.

Nala cried as she washed the blood of her arms and face. She was scared , she didn't understand why they had to pack. She did as her mother instructed. She packed her clothes along with her siblings as well. She ran back into the living room to see her mother grabbing everything she thought they needed. "Nala wake up ur brother and sister quickly." She did as told and woke them up "What Nala?" Kai said "We're leaving hurry and get up!" Kai and Kaia followed their older sister as they saw Jamal's dead body lying across their mother's floor.
They waited for their mom to come back inside the house and let them know everything was okay. Destiny ran Inside and  shut her door right before grabbing  the kids as she buckled the twins in the backseat.
After a long drive to their Uncle's house in  Miami Nala jumped out of the car and hugged him as he waited outside for them.....this is how their lives flipped. This was how Nala learned to never trust.