3

I heard a gentle gasp and whoever made the footsteps ran away.

I felt confused. I managed to pull my head up in time to see two girls turn a corner.

Huh?

They came over to me and helped me stand. I realized that Taylor wasn't here. The door had been shut and locked.

“Clara?” one of them asked, causing me to turn my head away from the door.

Who are they?

I nodded, puzzled.

They led me over to a pale blue couch and sat me down in between them. They each held one of my arms.

I stared vacantly around the room. There was a pale blue couch, another army green couch in the corner, white walls, brown carpet, two white bookshelves filled with books and movies, and a television on a white stand.

There was an archway to another room. From my position I could she a pastel yellow wall with white cabinets, counters and countertops, and a white and black checkered floor. It must've been a kitchen.

What is this? What's going on? Oh, is this some cult shit?

The girls said nothing, but they did stare at me. I looked at the one on my left. She was small, pale, had freckles, had straight light blonde hair and blue eyes.

“Who- Who are you?” I whispered, my voice failing me.

She smiled softly. “My name is Olivia.” She continued to look at me, but it wasn't creepy, I could feel the concern she felt. From both of them, really.

I turned to the other girl, the one who who asked if I was Clara. She was taller, had an olive skin tone with brown eyes and straight brown hair.

Seeming to know I wanted to ask her the same thing I asked Olivia, she answered quietly. “And I am Melanie. We figured you'd be coming soon.”

They did? I don't know them, how do they know me?

I took a shaky breath. “Why am I here?”

They looked at each other. “We're not sure why any of us are here really. We all have noticed a similarity between us, and I wonder if you share it too. I assume you do, but I'm going to ask just to be sure.”

I nodded again. Melanie was a little hard to follow, but I need to get any information I can.

“Are you a patient of Dr. Andrew Sanders? Is he your therapist?”

“Yes?” I wasn't sure what to say.

Olivia sighed and let go of my arm. Melanie and I turned to look at her.

Did I say something?

She put her head in her hands. “I just don't understand. I- I don't…” she trailed off.

None of us moved for a little while.

Eventually Olivia lifted her head again. “I'm sorry, I just can't seem to figure any solution in my head. I didn't mean to do anything to make you two feel bad, if I did I'm sorry. I'm just so lost.”

There was another moment of silence that Melanie broke. “It's okay, Olivia. I think we're all sad, scared, and confused.”

I nodded in agreement.

They looked tired, and I felt exhausted. As if she read my mind, Melanie spoke up. “Why don't we help Clara to bed, Olivia?” “But-” “I think she will be fine.”

The hell? What was she about to say?

Olivia nodded. I let them help me walk pass the archway to the kitchen and down a hallway to a door at the very end. I heard them mumble something to each other about hair and shower.

They opened the door at the end and there was one lamp on by an empty bed on the end. I stumbled back when I saw that there were not three beds, there were five.

There’s more of us?

They led me over to the bed on the end and helped me lay down. They pulled the throw blanket at the end over me and sat down. I kept looking over at the two other girls. From what I could tell, one had black hair and the other one looked a lot like Melanie.

“I'm sorry, this is Rachel and my twin, Marla,” Melanie said.

I thought she looked like her. I just nodded for the thousandth time. I couldn't seem to find my words.

“We'll get you up in the morning. If you need anything I'm in the bed right beside you and Melanie is by the wall on the other side.” Olivia said.

Yet again, I nodded.

They smiled at me sympathetically and stood up. Melanie turned off my lamp and I heard them walk away and climb into their beds.

Just like Melanie had said, I did feel sad, scared, and confused. So much had happened to me in the past few hours.

I felt determined to get more answers tomorrow. I tried to relax the best I could. My body ached and my stomach churned.

I let more tears come through soft sobs. Thinking of the people I loved somehow sent me to sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, it's been a while.

I hope you enjoyed.

Xx,
TJ 💜