Chapter 4: Je Suis Désolé

Marchand stood out in the Beacon grounds. It was still midnight. He looked up to the sky, hands put together in front of his face, muttering words, his frustration apparent. He quieted for a moment his hands tightening for a moment before he threw them out and looked to the sky, anger upon his face.

"COME ON DAD!" He screamed. "Listen to me! Please!" He yelled, his voice quivering with desperation. "Seal my soul, or bury my pride, JUST LISTEN! I've nowhere to hide from you, SO I KNOW YOU HEAR ME!" He pants, regaining his breath. "I've faced what i've done. I'm doing my time." He waited in silence for a response, but none seemed to come. "Please, listen, I am the only son!"

"Left." A chill went down Marchand's back as the voice came from behind him. Slowly turning, Marchand saw behind him was his father. Calem, clad in a cool blue suit. "You are the only son left." Marchand was silent for a moment.

"... The people are still dying." Marchand said, not looking to his father's eyes. "They haven't stopped... Please, intervene!"

"No."

"Why!?" Marchand said, eyes wide with anger.

"I promised. Damos did as well. We will not intervene."

"Than why are you here?!" Marchand exclaimed. "Why?!" After a few moments of silence, the God Of Creation spoke.

"Do you think of me so little?" Calem said, a silent pain on his face. "Do you think I care for you so little, what you did would make a difference?" Marchand stilled at that, eyes wide. "I have to go," Calem said, a pain in his voice. "Good luck in your travels." He said turning away from Marchand.

"No, wait!" Marchand reached out, but he was gone, in a blink of his eyes, Calem left. Marchand fell to his knees.

He was alone.
__________________________
Yang woke up like never before!

With a boot to the head.

"Ow!" Yang said, red eyes as she looked at the boot that belonged to Ruby next to her, likely having bounced off her head. She looked to where it came from to see Ruby with her hands covering her mouth, eyes wide with shock as her body seemed to slightly shake, and Marchand, who was holding the other boot.

"First try. I'm pretty good at this." He said, a sly grin on his face. Yang growled angrily.

"I swear, i'm gonna shove my fist so far down your throat, i'll-!" Yang started before Ruby's other boot hit her in the face, sending the blonde from her upright position to lying down in about half a second.

"Bullseye." Marchand said as Ruby's laughs over flowed from her mouth.

This was gonna be a long day.
______________________________

"I can't wait for initiation!" Ruby squealed ecstatically. A smile on his face, Marchand ruffled her hair as Ruby pouted before, slapping at his hand, only succeeding in whacking the top of her head. "Anyway, i'll finally get to introduce myself."

"You've had a full day to introduce yourself." Yang said. "I've been trying to get out of that shell of yours for years!" Yang smiled.

"Why would I need to get out of a shell when I have you?" Ruby asked. Yang's eye widened slightly, guiltily.

"Yes, why would she?" Marchand questioned, a wide grin as he watched Yang squirm.

"Well... You need to get to know people. Maybe get on someone else's team?" Yang suggested. Ruby pouted and squinted her eyes at Yang.

"Dear sister, are you implying that you don't want to be on the same team as me?" She questioned.

"No, that's no-"