Chapter 1: Not so Humble Starts

"Knowledge and beauty are power , Smiles and deceit are my swords" -Zaraine Whitemoon

Age : 10.000 +

Title : First Arcanist of Zin'azshari

Introduction: During the war of the ancients , things didn't go the way people think.The Elven rebellion against queen azshara didn't win. She was defeated from within , betrayed by her most trusted advisor and friend , Zaraine , leader of the whitemoon's , a royal family that had been next to queen Azshara for as long as they could remember.Yet , she is not depicted as a hero , nor is she one. Zaraine only wanted to avoid defeat at the hands of such pathetic enemies . She helped queen azshara as much as she could , since she summoned and contained the eredar lord known as archimonde in a matter of seconds , to prove him and his master Sargeras that they shouldn't mess with the highborne or Queen Azshara.As a matter of fact, Zaraine helped queen Azshara and Archimonde in the opening of the demon portal using the well of eternity, the Night elven's font of power in the heart of their empire.Zaraine , owing loyalty to one but herself , acted both in her Queen's name and against her during the war. The same way she helped Archimonde , she ended up defeating him and his liutenant Mannoroth disguised as a sentinel under jarod shadowsong's command. And just like that , he let malorne die at the hand's of Archimonde hours before that.But her true selfishness lies in what she did to everyone around her, since the closest members of her family , Renlaria and Danlar whitemoon wanted nothing to do with Queen azshara's plans, Zaraine froze them and handed them out to the rebellion in secret. Then , she drank from the well of eternity and then overcharged it with her power so it would explode, bringing forth the phenomenon known as the sundering , since she only wanted strong people to live in "her" world.In the end , queen Azshara found out about zaraine's schemes and plans, and when she confronted her after the well of eternity's explosion within the royal palace , Zaraine knocked the queen unconcious , destroyed the barrier protecting her and the other magi and vanished from the world. . . or so they think.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The most important leader of the whitemoon family , Zaraine Whitemoon , was born into one of the most notorious highborne families that had ever walked through the glorious city of zin'azshari , located at the heart of the elven empire , with the well of eternity at it's core.

Her fate had been decided even before she was born , and a lot was expected from her , since she was the daughter of the two most notorious Highborne in Zin'azshari , the advisors to the future queen azshara's family. The day she was born , her parents carved invisible arcane runes into her body , a hidden tradition passed generation after generation , bestowed only to those heirs deemed worthy. These invisible runes allowed arcane energy from the ley-lines to flow into her , which gave her an amazingly vast knowledge and arcane power , making her one of the strongest highborne sorcerers.

But her parents plan of molding her into the ideal puppet failed , the knowledge and power she acquired was turned against them as zaraine grew up , bits of her intimidating personality started to show up , combined with an amazing level of knowledge acquired thanks to ther arcane runes , making her uncontrollable and inmune to mind control. She was wild and independant , yet her parents had succeeded in once small thing , they had made her power hungry , she wanted all the knowledge and power kalimdor had to offer her , she wanted to be the strongest mage that the world had ever seen.

Her arrogance and power hunger would inevitably bring doom to the night elven empire.

She was still a child , yet she possesed knowledge that was unreachable for most of the oldest Highborne in Zin'azshari.She realized what her parents wanted to do to her, that they treated her as a means to an end , so she decided to get rid of them. Even as a child , Zaraine was merciless and would do anything to reach her goals. She wanted power , and her parents were in her way. She decided to combine her arcane knowledge and charisma to murder her parents and make it look as if she couldn't control her magic yet.