Red Tide - Extended Summary

Aelia, daughter of Isabella, Queen of Miromara, and twin sister to Serafina, the oldest heir to the throne, was not raised to be a leader. Instead, she was trained by the canta magus, Thalassa, to one day become the keeper of magic for the realm. Her singing voice and capabilities with sea magic were known far and wide. 

For weeks leading up to the Dokimí ceremony, Aelia was haunted by dreams that tell her of a day that will spiral the realms of the mer into chaos, and the return of an ancient monster. But the dreams are forgotten the day of the Dokimí, as Aelia watches her sister practice the songspell she must sing for the merpeople. She anxiously awaits a reunion with her best friend, Neela, and worries about the betrothal ceremony she must undergo during the Dokimí. 

The Dokimí begins well, a display of magic astound the guests, until the last thing anyone expected happens—her mother is poisoned by an assassin's arrow. Her dreams hadn't been lying. Aelia, Neela, and Serafina must embark on a quest to find the assassin's master and prevent a war between the mer realms. 

Their search will lead them to four other merls—Ling from the waters of Qin, Ava from the Amazon River, Becca from Atlantica, and Astrid from Ondalina—and to uncover a conspiracy that threatens the world they live in. 

Follows Deep Blue and Rogue Wave. 

I do not own the original plot of the books, as Jennifer Donnelly owns the original plot and the original characters. I only own Aelia and my ideas. 

(Copyright! Aka, don't steal my idea!) 

RavenclawMerl  © 2018, & Jennifer Donnelly