Prolouge

"War."

That was the word used.

"War? Whats that?" The young girl replied, tucking her brown hair behind her ear.

"It's when two planets fight each other, killing one another to get something they want. Utterly stupid, but some think it's necessary." Violet's mother spat as she painted the pink blush across her cheekbones.

"It's going to happen? When?"

Her mother shook her head. "I'm not positive it is, but there's word about it, between us and Mars."

"I thought it was over with Mars, didn't we already compromise?"

Her mom sighed, turning towards the 17 year old. "Well, not exactly. Apparently we didn't give them enough, and they're out for revenge."

"You mean, they're out to kill?"

"Basically, yeah."

Violet's eyes widened, she couldn't stand that her people would be dying because they couldn't even hold up a simple deal.

"Is there anything we can do? I'll do anything!"

"Well yeah, the Emperor is looking for a bride for his son, and this would be the perfect moment for peace."

Violet leaned against the counter, thinking it over. Although she knew she'd never be able to experience actual love, she had to do this, for the lives on Venus.

"Fine, fine. I'll marry him, right away, if it'll make everything okay"

"It will, for sure. I'm proud of you." Her mom smiled, leaning over to give her daughter a kiss on the forehead, then walked out of the room, leaving Violet alone with her thoughts.

Violet walked slowly back to her room, looking over the many books and movies on her bookshelf, all of them about love or romance. She adored the topic of two people meeting and knowing the loved each other the moment they met. But she'd never experience that herself. Violet would never love this man.