Prologue

2 am

The night was a cold one. The diamond shine, from the snow rhythmically piling into the corners of the clear window sill, frosted silence over the city. Which wasn't really unusual in central London. I could see the street lamps shine with excitement. It was quiet. My record player playing a soft piano track, Clair de Lune, my favorite. I sat on the edge of my bed, wearing my favorite t-shirt and jeans. I've been up, sick. I woke up to see my hands had a baby blue hue mixed with pinks and purples. It floated about 3 inches off of my hand. I looked into the mirror. My natural curly hair, almost floating delicately upward. I could see my skin began to glow under the moonlight. My mom walked in. Her eyes gave it all away.

I couldn't hold back the fearful look upon my face. She glanced me up and down. "Mom, what's happening to me?" Panic began to set in as I tried to stand but my legs gave out. "George, it's happening!" My dad rushes into my room. He grabs ahold of my hand and looks at me. A blue and green portal opened, a whirring sound could be heard. "Dad!" I screamed, tears streaming down my face. "You need to go! Now! You're in danger. Look for a man named Nick Fury. He'll help you!" A man came behind my mom and seized her, killing her instantly. I screamed out in horror. My dad immediately pushed me into the blue and green portal. Before I could see anything else, the portal closed. I screamed as I fell into an abyss of darkness.