Shadows

Chapter one-

The breeze ruffled my usually tidy silver fur as I scanned the camp. Not a single trace of them, deciding it was safe to leave the warm. The chilly breeze brought no scent of them, only the sweet scent of rotting apples and decaying leaves. The camp was relatively quiet. Which was uncommon Dimclan. I made my way across the camp nervously. The silence crushed her ears, it was a bit too quiet for my liking, the silence makes me feel like I can hear the glares of my sister boring holes into my pelt. Blood roared in my ears, drowning out all other sounds as I padded towards the freashkill pile freshly stocked, the tantalizing scents of mouse and vole made my mouth water. I delicately plucked a mouse from the pile and padded back towards the nursery. My violet gaze jumped from shadowy place from shadowy place, searching for at least the eye shine of another cat, or a splotch of white. Ice crept up my spine as I padded back to the nursery, in a bigger hurry than I should be, the mouse swinging in my jaws. I relaxed, maybe this time.. My stomach growled, at the thought of food.

"Hey, is that for us?" A voice sneered from behind me. I turned and rolled my eyes,

"Does it look like its for you?" I mewed, my voice muffled by fur. Weight crashed down on my back, I felt claws dug into the skin in between my shoulder blades. I opened my jaws in a silent wail of pain, the mouse was snatched.

"Thank you." Nightkit mewed tossing the mouse to Blackkit. The weight lifted from my back, undignified I got to my paws.

'It's going useless trying to get something else.' I thought gritting my teeth, looking back at Nightkit and Blakkit gulping down the mouse. My mouse. Blackkit was one moon older than Nightkit and I, but she was a good two and a half heads taller than Nightkit. My sister has our fathers genes in her alright, her size her skill, her cruelty. Nightkit and Blackkit were an inseparable duo, with the combined strength of a full grown warrior. More than half of that strength was Nightkit's. I sighed and walked away, my tail dropping.