GerIta

I Love You, But Do You Know That?

*Originally written for a challenge on the Hetalia Amino. Heavily inspired on the picture above.

•~=•~=•~=•~=•~=•~=•~=•~=•~=•~=•~=•~=•~=•

"Good morning, how are you?" Feliciano always says to Ludwig. "How was your day?" He inquired when the Germanic nation returned home. "Be careful!" He'd shout when Ludwig's stamina faltered during training.

"Text me when you get home so I know you're safe, okay Luddy?" He would message Ludwig whenever he was out drinking with his brother and friends. "Sweet dreams.." he would whisper at night whenever the Germanic country fell asleep before he.

"Hope you're feeling better," Feliciano would coo over the phone a few days after Ludwig called to mention he was sick. "Miss you lots!" Feliciano would message Ludwig during a long business trip away from each other. "Good night, Lud." Feliciano would message before signing of for the night every night.

"Can I come over??" He would beg over the phone, resulting in an annoyed Ludwig (who ended up complying). "Can I see you??" Feliciano would plea if not. "Can I call you??"

"Would you like something to drink?" Feliciano would offer a water bottle filled with chilled water to the dehydrated Ludwig panting after running ten laps consecutively.

"Watch your step, Doitsu!" Feliciano would shout whenever Ludwig would trip over the steps on the escalators in the local mall. "Let's watch a movie!" He would then shout like a child with eyes shining with bright stars, puppy eyes altogether.

And yet, Ludwig still couldn't put his finger on why his heart skipped a beat whenever Feliciano texted him "what are you up to?" Or how he no longer felt the need to consume food whenever he texted "how is/was your day so far?"

Or whenever he cried, Feliciano would coo, "It will be okay, Ludwig. I'm here for you."

"Do you need anything?"

"Are you hungry? I'm-a usually-a hungry after I-a cry, I don't-a know -why, though!" Feliciano would ramble, a simple 'No, thank you' was all that Ludwig could reply with.

"I just wanted to hear your voice." Feliciano would shakily speak, trembling after a nightmare whenever instinct kicked in to call Ludwig at 1:00 in the morning. Ludwig didn't mind, however, cause Feliciano would end up shouting "you made my day!" that following evening, clinging to the buff German's musical arm.

The look in Feliciano's eyes at that moment made Ludwig understand that you don't have to hear the words 'I Love You' to know that someone does. Listen carefully, people like Feliciano speak from the heart (but with Feliciano's inner introvert, he sometimes cannot express his love for men).

People speak from the heart more often than you think. You just have to pay attention to it.

And Ludwig finally did.