The Morgana Mistake

Morgana Le Fay, heir to the throne of Camelot, was the the first to treated unjust. Like her younger brother, Arthur, she was brought up as a Lord's daughter. She was hated by her father and siblings and an embarrassment to her mother. When King Uther Pendragon (king of Camelot) died, there was a frenzy of arguments between the Lords of who would rule Camelot, for Uther died without any known heir. After years of fighting over the throne, a rock with a sword thrust securely in it appeared, with the words: Whoever may be able to pull out this sword, will be the true heir of Camelot.

Now there were hundreds of Lords and nobles trying to pull out the sword. One day Morgana's family set out to try pulling out the sword. Morgana's 3 brothers, Sir Sendrid, Sir Thames and Sir Osborne were to be the ones to attempt pulling out the sword. The only reason Morgana went was to care for the horses and cook dinner. Morgana was strictly forbidden to go nere the sacred sword, for Morgana's parents (even though they knew she was Uther's real  daughter) wanted their sons to rule Camelot .

Meanwhile, Arthur and his parents and siblings wanted Arthur to gain the throne of  Camelot, so they also went to try pulling the sword from the stone. Arthur tried again and again to pull the mighty sword from the stone, but could not budge it. Getting desperate, Arthur's parents hired a sneaky sorceror by the name of Merlin to help. They promised him enough gold to swim in plus even more when Arthur became King if Merlin helped him. So, Merlin came up with a plan.

Merlin knew the true heir of Camelot was Morgana, so he tracked her down. Merlin traded 5 bricks of gold for Morgana, and ordered her to pull out the sword. Amazingly, she quite easily pulled it out  of the stone. Merlin ordered her to give him the sword, which he gave to young Arthur, claiming the boy pulled out the sword. That is how, some people say, Arthur became King. That may be true, but that doesn't mean he was rightfully so.

Morgana spent most of her time, however, slaving after her master, Merlin, while he gleefully enjoyed all his riches and became Arthur's closest adviser. After time, Arthur became spoilt and vain, having Merlin wright stories of fake heroics. The beautiful Guinevere was forced to marry the King, when really she loved her champion Launcelot. The  only way Launcelot and Guinevere could see eachover was for Launcelot to become one of Arthur's knights of the Round Table,a villainous league supporting Arthur.

Morgana, on the other hand, became wise and modest. She became friends wih Guinevere and Launcelot, and thought indeed their story was a sad one. Launcelot shared information he got from the Round Table to her, and one day reported that Morgana was infact the real heir of Camelot. Only then did Morgana realise that she was more than a slave, and had an important purpose. To bring justice to Camelot.....