Chapter Seven-Part Seven-January 22, 1946

Baxter saw her again.

The Mansion loomed like a specter.

He banged on the door.

"You got to let me in!".

He demanded her to let him in.

Or, more to point, separate the manic behavior that compelled his self from the other self. He heard the shuffling of slippers coming down the long hallway; he heard the woman's small, left hand opening the doorknob; he heard the door...

...And, for one violent rage...he screamed at her.

~~~

Her self control was disconcerting to Baxter.

He gazed at her breasts that was seen under the red nightgown. He savored the look on her face; he watched her face become more sensual, yet dangerous.

That was what was wrong.

Her smile.

"Baxter, you're upsetting me".

"I won't be denied...".

"Denied! As you rage like a madman in a insane asylum. There's a madhouse in England called Broadmoor".

"You dare speak about...".

"You subjective inference on what I do is quite hysterical...Like a mad person wanting to seduce me in the late evening".

He forced himself into the house.

She backed away...

...Then she kissed him on the mouth.

~~~

Baxter took his jacket off, then his shirt.

"You're insistant", she breathed.

"Be quiet...or I'll split your mouth".

Her face twisted like a snake.

"Men do threaten me with violence...That is what makes them men. They think they can have sex, then have their way with me...And others. But, no. You're not going to use your power. Because...I like to use ways to wrap men around my fingers".

And she let him touch her body...as they made out on the sofa in the lounge room. Then, with the lamps illuming their passionate embrace, she grabbed a gun from the mahogany table...and threatened to shoot him in the chest.

Baxter watched the gleaming steel of the gun...

..."You're too sexy to be whacking me, honey. Besides, I got to know why the heat is up? And why your body is so hot...".

"You're dreaming of me in a subjective, psychological condition. The Jungian and Freudian behaviorial aspect of the psyche; the self".

"The self is a delusion; the self is an abhorrent self".

"The self is the way we think, feel, love, hate, kill".

"To kill is a choice. I, as a woman of freedom, can do what I want, when I want. The war's over, and I can be free to indulge my pleasures". And she moved towards Baxter...and grabbed a sharp knife...and grinned like the maniac she was.

***

Baxter smoked a cigarette.

"You like the rough?".

"Rough is not something I crave; rough is a condition. The point of the psychosis of the mind; the point of destroying the self".

"This is getting my head in".

"That is my way of keeping control. That's why the city, the town, America, is going down the dark path".

"You want to whack me?".

"I want to use...and abuse...and play with you".

And she smiled.

~~~

"There's something wrong with you", Baxter smoked another cigarette. The edge of it burned his middle, left finger; the edge burned with an intensity that he chose to ignore. He saw her drink the illegal Jack Daniels; he saw her consume some drugs.

"You better...".

"I was Legs' mistress for six years. It happened during the early stages of WWII. We invaded Europe after Hitler invaded Poland. And the Jews were killed in the gas chambers. I survived; my parents were gassed, and didn't survive...

..."I weep once our kind was exterminated. Six million in the Holocuast. And we arrived to work for violent men like Legs".

"You had to survive...".

"I served him; I bedded him. I did my service. And I was tossed in the trash. He didn't love me; he never loved  me".

"Honey...I love you".

"And your girlfriend?".

"That's different".

"You can't love me. I am death".

"But you can live in a world of peace...".

"There's no peace...there's only the future. I was educated in New York, then moved here to Louisiana because I dreamed of acting. Or writing. I can do all that. But I am sure that you can't stop your cravings for me because you lust for me is pitiful".

He touched her body again with his left hand; he touched her body like it was electric. He stubbed the cigarette out of the ashtray that was in the middle of the red table; he let her lie on the table, as they kissed again...and the thought of death was forgotten...for the next two hours.

~~~

Author's notes to the reader:

1 Due to the sensitivity of the Holocaust, Chapter Seven is darker than the other chapters. But it is very important for my Jewish crime noir femme fatale character to have her own voice, thoughts, actions, in Crime Pulped Book Four...she has no name, hence the mystery. Also, Legs, the Godfather, treated her badly and so she seeks revenge on any man who she sees post WWII, so I hope all Jewish readers know that it is an important event in the 20th century that shouldn't be forgotten;

2 Swiss Psychiatrist C G Jung and Austrian Neurologist as well as Psychanalysist, Sigmund Freud, are two of history greatest minds.

They had a love/hate relationship, and differed in views on the human psyche. In my book 'The Self', 2013, a dark fantasy thriller about a girl with mental illness was influenced by Jung and Freud's work, and of David Cronenberg's "A Dangerous Method", 2011, that dealt with their relationship with Russian psychiatrist and patient, Doctor Сабина Нафтуловна Шпильрейн, (in English,
Sabina Naftulovna Spielrein), that starred Viggo Mortensen, Michael Fassbender, and Kiera Knightley.

Page 8.