Fragrance of LOVE

Informal theme ko nga pala 'to sa english.... Shinare ko lang... Kung may unfamiliar words, galing un sa spelling words namin. Gagawa kasi kami dapat ng short story na may 15 or more spelling words kaya ayun. Pls enjoy!

=============================================================================

CHARACTERS:

Aviel Lyndt Thompson   -      main female character

-          shy and kind

-          has a low profile in their school

Tristan Li                              -      main male character

-          captain of the basketball team

-          most popular guy in Sparks Academy

-          handsome, smart and athletic

Crystal Evans                     -      best friend of Aviel

-          cheerful and friendly

-          twin sister of one of the basketball players in Sparks Academy

“WOOHOOO!!! Go S.A. !!!” the student at my left exclaimed.

“You can do it, Li!” the girl on the front row of seats shrieked.

The cheering of people got louder every time a team scores. Screams and shouts from the opposing schools filled the gym. It is always like this when Sparks Academy’s basketball team has a battle with another school’s team.

I am never a fan of sports. The only reason I am here is because I made a promise to someone to watch every game he plays.

                “This is the climax of the game! Only three minutes left before this is all over and Hawkins Academy is in the lead by only one point. Will Sparks Academy have enough time to turn over the situation or will they loose and never reach the finals?” the host said gleefully.

                Crystal poked me on the side. “Hey, Aviel Lyndt Thompson! Why aren’t you cheering for Tristan Li?” she said in a loud voice.

                “I only swore to watch his games and not to cheer for him.” I answered.

                She mumbled something but I didn’t understand it because of the noise.

                Crystal Evans is the only friend I have since I entered high school. She is garrulous and is fond of making piffle. Actually, she is the exact opposite of me.

                I looked at the players. They were running around while passing and dribbling the ball. Some are blocking the way of the enemy team. I saw Tristan on the other side of the court. His face was dripping with sweat. He was breathing heavily. Just looking at him makes my heart throb.

                The truth is, I like Tristan though I haven’t talked to him personally. Not a single “Hi!” or “Hello!”. I first met him was when Crystal introduced him to me back when we were freshmen. We began texting and chatting on Facebook. Most of our topics were nonsense but it felt like I know him for a very long time. In school we act like we don’t know each other. Last year, when we were juniors, he told me that he will join the varsity team and if he passes, I am supposed to watch all his games. I’m sort of stupid to agree to his condition without any exchange. And now, he is the team captain and is playing in the field while I am in the bleachers, only staring at him.