Chapter 1: The Ball

"Yes, Cake, Everything's fine." I reassured my bestfriend as I was in the dressing room whilst  hesitatingly looking at the pearly white gown that was especially made for me, hanging on the wall. Nuhuh, No way I'm gonna wear this overly fancy dress.

"I'm just saying, the ball's gonna be on tonight and, baby cakes, Got no dress to impress!" Cake exasperatingly said waiting for me to finish.

"Fine. But I'm going to totally bring my hot new Godzilla sword!" I decided to just go with the flow as I tried to wear the ... thing. It was like trying to  wear a dress made out of a spider web cream puffs!

Finally, after all those trouble of clothing and unclothing and tying of hair and untying. I went out of the  dressing room with the gown in a perfect fit to get to see Cake's mesmerized face. It was so cute.

"FIONNA!  HOLY SWEET CHEEKS! IS THAT YOU, BABY GIRL!?" Cake's eyes sparkled. "YOU LOOK A-MAZ-ING!" She screamed in delight, as her eyes went all over the dress.

"The dress looks poofy, but what will look amazing on this dress will be the Godzilla sword." I repeated as I daydreamed the fabulous and wonderful sword of mine. My sword really looked cool, It was just too awesome! I grabbed the sword to linger over its beauty.

"Again with the sword! You'll be going to a Ball, Not a massacre area!" Cake hissed and unscrupulously threw my prestigious sword away.

"But...b-but....." A sudden falter was felt in me. I could'nt bring any spears, knives, swords, daggers, axe knives, blunt staffs, pole arms with axe like blades, and also those with spikes and hammers, shields, armors and plenty of other sweet stuff. Man, what a place to be in.

"No buts!"  Cake firmly glared at me like a mother I never had. She was inevitably sure of what she was saying. Time passed and Cake gave me a ride to the ball.

Marshall Lee, my best dude friend was there. He was wearing a slim-fitting black dress shirt and dark jeans, he looked good. He had sleeves rolled up and an extra button undone on his shirt, and I wondered why I never realised how attractive he was before.

His eyes met mine, and he walked over to me. I tried to act natural. Perplexed on why my heart suddenly thumped for a moment there.

"Hey Fee, Didn't recognize you with all the poofy white." He alleged with a hint of sarcasm while he laughed.

"Yeah yeah." I averted my eyes mainly because my face felt hot. W-What's up with my reaction?

"Since you're wearing a dazzling gown, wanna give it a shot?" he looked amused as he asked for my hand.

"Nah, Dancing is for suckers." I implied.

"Aw, c'mon. Don't be such a bummer, here-" He gently fondled my hand and took me to the dance floor. "I'll be honored to be your partner." 

Marshall took the lead and placed his hand on the small of my back. I placed one hand on his shoulder, thinking what I should do. He laughed as he moved both my hands placing now around his neck.  I was so close to him that I could feel his cold skin. Even though it was chilly, his smile swept me on my feet. It was the warmest I've seen. His eyes were the darkest that I ever saw and they were only looking at me.

"Fallin' in love already, Fee?" he chuckled as one of his eyebrows went up.

"Oh shut up, You know who I like..." My head turned from him, hiding my bashful face.

"Yeah, Yeah. Your precious Prince GumButt." Marshall sarcastically rolled his eyes while we continued to sway in a small circle. I laughed.

_____________________________________________________________________________

*Marshall POV*

I feel like I've been waiting for years. Fionna was taking too long. I mean, what outfit is she gonna wear? Some heavy metal armor dress? Sigh. That goofball seriously has her issues with swords.

I stood by near the punch bowl. After decades of waiting, I finally saw Cake biding good bye to some blondie. I was about to go over there then suddenly it hit me. That isn't just some blondie....F-Fionna? I tried to kept cool. Her icy azure ocean blue eyes were dazzling.  Her strapless dirty white gown with elegant pearls knitted on it was complimenting her amazing beauty. She looked at me and grinned goofily. My heart raced. What the friggin' bananas was happening to me?  Oh. No. Nononono. This just can't be. Laugh it off, Marshall, say something mean or sarcastic!

After a few minutes of chat, I got her to dance with me. I wasn't the vampire who would want to dance. I'd rather chill with my bass and let the time gradually pass, but, something was telling me to ask for it. We got to talk again until she mentioned her love's name. Something was ticking, this weird raging sensation.

"Marshall?" She got my attention as I was indulged with this inner voice. 

"Hmm?" I smirked, gripping her waist as I carried her with me so we could both float while doing the waltz. "Let's make the waltz exciting, shall we?" I smiled as I spun her around and our nose touched. I closed my eyes as I breathed her sharp breath. After one unspoiled minute of dancing with her, his highness came.

*Fionna POV*

I could feel my face burning, was I having a fever all this time? Dancing with Marshall wasn't exactly 'boring', even if he can sometimes be a jerk, he's still mah best bud. He knows all of my secrets, just like Cake does. While we were dancing from a horrible height, I saw PG come in the room. Slowly, Marshall got me down.

"Fionna?" PG looked surprised. "Wow, You look amazing." He smiled. Marshall snorted. I weakly laughed.

"Uhh... thanks, I guess." I scratched the back of my head, not knowing how to respond to a compliment. Have I been used to Marshall's insults and teasing so much?

"Fionna..." He called my name with much effort and care.  "Care to dance?" He gently held my hand and pulled me away from Marshall but I felt something grip tighter on my waist, it was Marshall's hand. I gave a look at him, confused. Did he not want me to dance with PG? Was something off? 

Suddenly, he smirked and pushed me to PG. I shrieked a bit as I harshly landed on PG's arms.  

"Get it." He turned his back from us, heading towards an opposite direction. "Call me if you two love birds need me--- in other words, don't call... seriously." He flatly and sarcastically stated. After a few steps away from us, he glanced back at me, eyes serious yet hesitating. Then he continued his way out of the ball towards the outside view as he took his crimson axe-bass guitar with him. For a second, I thought he was in a bad mood.