The Ending I Want

(No this is not me saying "mOARE LBGTQ CHARACTERS!!! MORE REPRESENTATION!!!" this is just me liking a ship and finding it to be ironic in a humorous way)

The raven was being brushed through in what some woukd call a nervous state. Her fingers held the brush tightly as she once held a another object only days ago.

The school bathroom provided horrid lighting for her to check if her hair was a mess, or if she had dark circles, or anything that didn't seem in place. She didn't have time to complain about the school's incompetence to buy better lightbulbs ot toilet paper. Her pale and slender fingers danced along the edge of the soft, navy hems of her skirt.

"Everyone is out of the way," she thought, "Osana is dead, Amai is expelled, Oka agreed to let me have his heart, Asu is with someone else, that nurse and teacher are gone for good, Osoro is expelled, Hanako is with someone else, Kizana is dead, and Megami is with someone else but if she gets in the way then she'll be gone,".

"This should work. It has to," Ayano glanced at her phone, pressed a button to see the time, "I should head out there first,".

One last glance in the mirror to check that she looked presentable for such a life changing moment. Her footsteps carried her quickly from the bathroom to the doors, and towards that beautiful tree she dreamed about. She could feel her heart picking up gradually, her thoughts going to wonder how they will spend their lives together, how the wedding will look, the dress, the house, the city, children, vacations, the way she would prepare meals for him, and how he and she would sle-

Her hand extended to touch the tree bark, she wanted to remember the moment forever.

The day she won happiness.
The day she felt happiness, but with him.

"Hello? You wanted to meet me here?" the voice caught her off guard, she slowly turned around to see the boy holding her note.

His short and silky raven hair, his smooth and beautiful complexion, the stormy grey eyes with a beautiful hint of compassion.

Her response was a nod, she couldn't find ger voice just yet.

"What did you want to talk about?" Taro asked politely, looking to the note unsure what to do with it at the moment.

"I, um," she started, remembering how she rehearsed it in all of her dreams and all those morning in the mirror, "You see, I've been too scared to talk to you these past few weeks. Not because you scare me, but only because when I look at you my heart begins to race. You have such a beautiful heart, and I can't stop thinking about you. I asked you to come out here because I want to tell you that I l-"

A small, but loud beeping interrupted her. Taro quickly pulled his phone out and put it on vibrate, calmly putting it back in his front pocket.

"I'm so sorry! You can continue if you'd like," he gave an apologetic look with a small smile.

"That's okay. Those things happen. What I was going to say is that I asked you to meet me out here because..."

bZZzzz
BZzzzz
BZzzZZ

Taro gave a small sigh and pulled the phone out again, he looked at the number calling and denied it.

As he was about to put his phone back it buzzed again with a text.

"Oh! Uh, hey, I know this is really rude of me to ask," Taro looked up from his phone in a bit of surprise, "But could we talk tomorrow morning? My boyfriend made reservations for dinner tonight and we don't want to be late," he gave a quick apologetic bow and a sincere look of "I'm sorry". Taro hesitated before handing her the note back then turning to leave.

He hurried down the hill and almost ran to the school, to meet another boy with their uniform. She recognized him, because he wanted Taro to join his club.

Ayano stood at the base of the tree, holding the note, a small opened mouth smile still on her face. Minutes went by while she processed everything. Had she been too focused on getting rid of the girls, that she didn't pay attention to his current relations?

He said the b-word.
She felt she misunderstood him. But as she replayed it multiple times in her head, that feeling went away.

"Nani?!"

The screen faded to a deep black as the end credits music played.

Images of the games progress played silently, ranges of fanart spread across the screen.

A heart warming ending to show growth and support.

Once the credits had finished, the screen cuts back to the tree.

The midnight blue and blacks painted a passionate endless sky. The starts trickled across the deep colors.

The tree stood silently, the cherry blossoms moved gently as the breeze twisted and caressed them.

The world was beautiful at 1:04am.

Under the tree, a girl stood frozen with a note still locked in her hands.

Her open smile remained.

"What? What the fuck?!"