Chapter 3: A Morning to Remember

(Heads up- the next chapter is huge on triggers- so think of this as the calm before the storm, okay? Thanks, and enjoy) 

We all went our separate ways, getting ready for bed. I threw on some pajamas- then set an alarm for 5am. I plugged my phone in, scrolling through my blog, noting that I had gotten an ask from an anon. I frowned as I read it.

Anon: you're a fading fad Deceit. Go kill yourself.

I sighed and typed out an answer.

"If I really wanted to, I could just jump from your ego to your IQ, wouldn't be that hard. See, you think you're amazingly smart by telling me this - that your words hurt - but you and people like you are the reason I'll never stop doing posts and being here. Next time you try to insult me - try harder - cause you failed big anon."

I hit post and watched with a growing smile as likes and reposts started to appear. A message appeared in my inbox.

Call-me-sleep: sweet comeback dee, that anon got what was comin to them!

God-of-two-faced-snakes: Thanks Sleep, It was fun putting them in their place.

God-of-two-faced-snakes: How are you?

Call-me-sleep: chilling in my new place

Call-me-sleep: u?

God-of-two-faced-snakes: Good for you- glad you like the new apartment.

God-of-two-faced-snakes: Im fine, got new digs too.

God-of-two-faced-snakes: Roommates are pretty chill with me

Call-me-sleep: Nice

Call-me-sleep: Gotta go- I have work. See ya tomorrow gurl.

God-of-two-faced-snakes: bye Sleep, gn

Call-me-sleep: gn snake boi

I grinned and shut my phone off, snuggling into the covers. I waited a minute, the grabbed my phone again to text Lacy.

Me: I think I'm in love

Lacy: really?

Lacy: what about that other guy- you liked him a lot too.

Me: But this one's different!

Me: he's sweet- we just talked!

Lacy: Okay then man. Your call,

Lacy: Hows the apartment?

Me: It's okay the roommates are nice

Me: They're all pretty interesting

Lacy: Good or bad cause if bad i will kick their butts

I scoffed, and typed a response to my friend.

Me: No thanks Lace- they seem pretty chill. They havent been mean about my face or anything so its chill.

Lacy: Whatever you say man.

We wished each other goodnight, and I fell asleep a little happier then when i woke up. Course- all good things had to end.

~~~

I woke up to a blaring alarm and dark skies. Slipping out of my room with my all charged up phone and a change of clothes, I hurried to the bathroom.

Many called my routine strange, after all, who wakes up at 5am for a shower? I did. I would get up early and shower, then change. I needed to eat early so I could head out job hunting, and then be able to come back with enough time to work on commissions and post a bit.

I threw on a pair of black ripped jeans and a light grey sweater with a sunflower on it. Grabbing my headphones and phone, I headed to the kitchen to grab a snack before I left. A few moments later and I was out the door, leaving a short note and with my number on it for the person to next use the coffee pot.

I loved the mornings, the cool air and silent streets made me feel calmer than any time. And silent moment or sunny quiet day was my favorite day- made me feel sweet and sound and like I was normal. Well, more normal that what others thought of me.

I walked along the quiet sidewalk, the faint sounds of twenty one pilots in my ears. It was cold, and I shivered a bit, but the biting cold distracted me from the fact that I was so nervous about being out and about.

I ended up at the bookstore, watching as someone with dark hair and a striped sweater opened up the door. They smiled at me, didn't stray to long on my skin, and welcomed me in.

"Hi, my name's Elliott, they/them, nice to meet you," he said, a bit nervously. I figured they were nervous about meeting someone this early.

"Hi, name's Seth, he/him." I said, smiling. "I was wondering if there were any job options here? Im new in town and I saw this place, so I figured I'd try to see what was happening here," I explain, and Elliott smiled.

"I think there's an open spot at the moment, but I'd have to check," replied Elliott. They lead me to the back and we talked for a while. I found it fun to get to know the shy guy a little more, and I understood why Logan liked it here. We parted ways with a promise of Elliott to call me or tell Logan if I got the job.

I waved goodbye and walked out of the store, noticing how Eliot followed my movements with a careful eye- almost like he wanted to make sure i made it as far as possible safely. I felt a surge or gratitude fill me- but that disappeared the instant cold hands touched my arm and a voice whispered in my ear-

"Hey baby- miss me?"

~~~

Its about to get good. Hope you like the story- leave a vote if you do? anyways- see ya'll next chapter!