her attempt

She holds her breath as she submerges her face under water. 'This is it' she thinks to herself as she fights to hold her breath. 'this is the end of my terrible, nightmare for a life.' Something in her head caused her to come back out of the water, gasping for air into her burning lungs. She begins to cry because she failed herself. She holds her hand over her mouth in hopes that he won't hear her.
       She ponders breaking her razor to get a blade. She reaches for it, and begins to break it apart. "Honestly they should have put me in the psych ward the first time..," She whispers "well now it's too late..." She holds the blade in her right hand, drawing it closer to her arm. She smiles to herself as she drags it through her arm. She just smiles as the blood begins to drip off her wrist, numbness taking over as she drags 2 more lines through her arm. She switches hands, bringing the blade against her right arm. Her hand shaking from the cuts to her left arm. She smiles once again as she drags the blade through her arm, blood dripping almost instantly. She puts the blade on the edge of the tub, laying her arms under the water. She lays there as she bleeds out. Drifting in and out of consciousness, he walks in and cries. He doesn't know what to do. He drops to his knees and cries... Or at least she thought that's what he had done.
     Who knows how much time has passed. She slowly blink her eyes open and begins to cry. She can't talk, only cry. "I've failed again" she thinks to herself as she lays there listening to the beep of the heart monitor.