5. Chhoti Chhoti Cheeze (Small Small Things)

It was 6 in the morning when he reached the ATS office and as expected the department was empty except 2-3 officers who were set to return after finishing their night duty. They greeted and saluted him while he acknowledged them with a mere nod. The office starts at 9 in the morning which meant he had to spend 3 hours doing nothing, so he thought to take a good nap in the dormitory till the time Siddharth or Tiwari Sir arrive as he was dead tired. He woke up feeling refreshed and went to washroom to look presentable. When he entered his cabin, he saw a blue file kept on his desk which contained information of the thugs that attacked the bus last night. He went through each and every detail thoroughly reaching a conclusion that the attackers were the tribals residing in and around the forest area. It was of less significance to the ATS as such cases was to be handled by the local police. He called up Siddharth asking him to forward the case to local police of Kalighati and keep him updated about the progress. Then after, he busied himself in preparing the report of his operation in Ramnagar. When he was entering the count of girls in the report, he mapped it again with girls present in the photos they clicked as an evidence. The register which they had seized from the place where the girls were kept mentioned 20 girls whereas there were only 19 present in the photo. This meant they had lost one of them. Manik almost barked at Siddharth to come to his cabin.

Manik (throwing the papers at him) -
Didn't I tell you Siddharth to be careful with the girls' security? Then how the hell one of them is missing?

Siddharth (a bit scared) - Sir, I had noted it that day itself. I cross checked with the other girls as well. But all of them said that they were only 19 of them

Manik (in deep thinking) - If the girls are saying that they were always 19 of them this means they failed to capture her. Though she didn't fell in wrong hands, you still try to find more information about this girl. It is a bit tough since we only know her age about 20 but we need to be assured that she is safe

Siddharth nodded and left. After half and hour, an officer came stating that Tiwari Sir and his wife Nisha Ma'am wished to see him. He knocked on his senior's cabin and found Siddharth and Nisha already seated there. Manik saluted him and kept the report on his senior's table. Keeping it aside, Tiwari Sir got up from his seat and patted his favourite officer's back.

Tiwari (delighted) - Tumhe ek mission pe bheja tha par tum do operations poore karke aa gaye. Well done, my boy. Bas hamesha ki tarah ek shikaayat hai. Tumne phirse goli chala di, jab ke maine tumhe strict instructions diye the 'No Use of Weapons and No Killings'. (I had sent you on one mission but you completed 2 operations. Well done, my boy. But as usual I have to say this. Why did you indulge in an encounter again even after giving you strict instructions 'No Use of Weapons and No Killings')

Manik - Sir, jab aap report dekhenge tab khud samajh jaayenge ke manne aisa kyu karna pada (Sir, once you read the report you will automatically understand my reasons for killing them)

Tiwari (shaking his head) - Even you know that my scoldings is just a formality since I need to answer my seniors. But till the time you promise to give me such successful operations you needn't worry about these petty matters

Manik - Sir, eventhough the mission was successful we still don't have any clue as to who this 'Daataa' is; the one who is behind this whole human trafficking scenario. We neither know his name nor do we have any of his photo

Tiwari - Our dart has hit the right aim Chauhan. According to my sources, the man fled the village once he came to know about the raid. But we need to find him soon as there are chances that he might just cross the border and leave the country. I have already alerted the state police of the neighbouring states and also the border authorities about the man. If they find any lead, they will definitely contact us