Chapter 7

The trees following the road were covered in snow, the autumn leaves Melanie once laid her eyes on at the beach were all over the roads that was still wet from the rain " this weather is mortifying " Dom whispered, squeezing Melanie's hand he held tightly in his hand, both his and hers placed on his thigh " tell me about it " " I just did " she turned towards him to see this annoying smirk plastered on his face " shut up " "I didn't say anything " she snatched her hand out of his and popped his shoulder, causing Dom to swerve . He pulled the car over on the side of the highway and Melanie gasped" what are you doing !" Dom opened the car door and ran under the tall trees, grabbing a hand full of snow and running back to open Melanie's door " COME ON !" He shouted, slamming the door back when she got out of the car laughing hysterically " what are we doing dom?" Without replying he threw a hand full of snow at her" that's for the pop" he walked over to her and gripped her cheek " and this" he pressed his lips on hers softly, making the kiss long and Slow " is me apologizing" Melanie stood there gawking at him"okay nice guy" she ran to get a hand full of snow also, turning it into a ball and chugging it at his face. Dom ducked, causing Melanie to run for him,trying to fight him 'Kong Fu style' or so that's what she thought she was doing in her head. She really looked like a toddler swinging her hands at the running boy,both trudging through snow now piling up around the tall trees that covered the land like two children on Christmas morning.

Dom and Melanie finally made it back home to her house,and he turned off the car but kept the heater on" I guess this is goodbye" Melanie jokingly said " no" he pulled her over to his lap and placed his hand on the back of her neck,slowly kissing her. The kiss seemed to not end and this time when Melanie moaned,Dom moaned with her, taking off her jacket. She gripped his sweater that lay over his shirt,trying to pull it over his head-but then she remembered she was right in-front of her home" I have to go" she sighed, laying her head on his shoulder as he gripped her,holding her close to his chest. Melanie pulled away and looked into Dom's eyes " can you text Dominic later ?" Dom asked in third person " I'll text him as soon as I get in the house " she giggled, cupping his cheeks to place one last kiss on him.

Melanie opened the passenger door before looking at him one last time for the moment " wait" he toke her jacket arm and pulled her back to his lips " I have to go !" " no you don't there's no one there !" He said in a matter of fact way. He did that a lot. Melanie turned to see that he was telling the truth. Mom never put her car in the garage because it was full of family things, so that meant nobody was home. Snow started to fall again and Melanie looked over to Dom,

" wanna come in ?"