Prodigy Imagine: I'll Take Care Of You

You could hear the audience of the bleachers from where you were standing. You and Darren were in an area from where most of the other students were as he yelled at you. Although you were only a couple of feet away from everyone else, Darren screamed at you as if you two were alone.

Darren: “Bitch I know you were flirting with him!”

You: “No I wasn’t Darren! He asked me for a fucking pencil!”

Darren: *Grabs your wrist violently* “Don’t raise your voice at me!”

You: *Tries snatching away from Darren* “Stop you’re hurting me!”

This wasn’t the first time Darren had put his hands on you and at other occasions he had even gone as far as to punch you. It seemed like every time you and Darren got into a fight h would hurt you, leaving you with bruised arms, blackened eyes, and busted lips. Darren looked around slowly and then shoved you violently, causing you to lose your footing. Without another word Darren walked off shaking his head. You sat there in the dirt as Darren walked back to the high school football game. Tears slowly slid down your face as the moon shined over your head.

?: “(YN)?”

You turned around suddenly hoping it wasn’t Darren but who you saw shocked you.

You: “Prodigy? What are you doing here?” *Gets up from ground and wipes eyes*

Prodigy: “The tour ended yesterday so I came to visit my old friends, I knew a lot of you guys would be here.”

You dropped your head in embarrassment as your old neighbor and best guy friend spoke. He had left school in the 7th grade to be apart of Mindless Behavior and you hadn’t seen him since. Boy had he grown, he was now inches taller than you with strong, mature features.

You: “That’s nice…how’s Mindless Behavior going?”

Prodigy: *Gets closer* “Good… but how are you (YN)?”

You: *Fake smile* “Oh I’m fine.”

Prodigy suddenly looked you in the eye like he was studying you as he reached for your wrist. You dropped your head as Prodigy examined your bruised wrist.

Prodigy: “No you’re not. Does he hurt you?”

You dropped your head as you felt the tears begin to gather. Prodigy’s touch felt so sincere and comforting that you began shaking.

You: “Prodigy…I can’t tell you.”

Prodigy: “You’ve known me all your life…I won’t judge you.”

You: *Looks Prodigy in the eye* “Okay. He’s hurt me before.”