My Love

Ellie's POV

I'm just watching the waves crash into each other as I let my tears down. It's been two years, My Love.

I was startled when I heard a small sound coming from beside me. I saw a group of baby turtles getting stuck to a bottle and can't reach the sea. I smiled at the cute scenery and stood up to get the bottle and let the turtles reach the sea. 

I was about to throw the bottle when I noticed that it had a letter inside. I smiled to myself as I remembered the love of my life. I opened the bottle and took the letter out. I carefully opened it and saw a beautiful ring that was inside the rolled paper. I carefully read the message.

Dear Ellie, 

If you're reading this now, I want you to know that I would never forget the memories that we had together. I would never forget your smile, your eyes, your face, and I would never forget you. I want you to know that I love you very much. And I loved you since the first day that we met. 

I remember when we were in high school and I kept on nagging you. Remember when I secretly changed your notebook, for I knew that you weren't able to complete your notes because you were sick? I got an 80 for my notes because I secretly used yours and you got a 90 for not knowing that you used mine. 

Remember when I said that I'll check your project? I secretly improved it by adding more decorations and reconstructing it? I was not able to submit mine because I was so busy improving yours.

Remember when I took care of you when you had a cold? You thanked him instead of me. 

Remember when someone was sending you flowers every day?  You liked him instead of me.

Remember when someone was sending you poems every day? You loved him instead of me.

Remember when you guys got together? You smiled and laughed every day. You became the best version of you.

But most importantly, remember when you got married? It was probably the most beautiful wedding that I've seen. You wanted a beach wedding and he gave you that. He gave you everything you wanted, but I know that he can't love you the way I do.

I may have annoyed you a lot, but I also loved you a lot. I want you to know, that even on my last breath, I'll always say I love you.

Love,

Michael.

I wiped my tears and kept the letter. I fixed myself and kept the ring in my pocket. I took a last glimpse of the sea and walked away. I came home and smiled. I'll never forget him.

"Hey, dear." my husband welcomed me and kissed me on my forehead. "Where did you go?" he asked.

"Where my happiness is." I answered..

~THE END~