Chapter 2

Last period has ended and I could feel a headache coming. "That was too much Calculus in one day." One of my good friends Annabelle nodded beside me, 'agreed!' Completely crashing next to me.

We sat there for what seemed like a long time before our teacher let us off. 'Don't forget to do your homework! ' Mrs. Smith yelled over us but we were already halfway through the door.

Annabelle suddenly became quiet and I knew why. "Your brother, he's coming home today, right?' My idiot twin. Yes, I have a twin brother who had been in Australia for the past year for exchange student.

"Oh crap! I totally forgot I was going to get him from the airport. !" I cursed myself and took out my phone immediately calling him.

'You never change. Always so useless.' Yep, thats my idiot brother. Not even a hello. 'Well, hello to you to idiot.' I said. 'I'm almost home. I knew you'd forget so I called Jasper to pick me up.' He added.

Jasper was my idiot brother's best friend who I've known since he was 5. He was a year older than us. Okay, good. I almost had an anxiety attack.

"Okay. Well I'll see you at home!"

"Yeah." I said

Then he hung up on me. 'Hey, I heard your idiot of a brother named Alexander came home today." Gabby suddenly appeared. I looked at Anna shifting uncomfortably. "Anna.." She waved her hand, "it's fine!" I looked at Gabby and she looked at me and mouthed 'sorry'.

Alex was a touchy subject to Anna. Her and my brother had a "relationship" thing going on but it wasn't like they were boyfriend and girlfriend. They were just always together and then one day they weren't and everyone knew.

My friends consists of Gabby, Anna, Jasper, and James and of course Alex. We were all childhood friends. We were pretty much born all in the same year except for Jasper and James. Our parents kind of stuck us all in one room to play one day and we've been friends ever since. Plus, all of us lived in the same neighborhood. .. well partly because our parents were all friends sinch they were high school.

"So, I'm craving the coffee frappe from Cafe Mania down the street. Up for it?" Anna and I both nodded. I got all my stuff from my locker and headed out to my car.

"Meet you there, Anna! " Gabby and I shouted above our cars. Anna probably has the best car in school. She has an Aston Martin, which she got for her 18th birthday. as I see her slide in her car I look back and see Gabby with her window open.

"She needs to hurry up and tell your idiot of a brother the truth." I couldn't agree more.

The reason they ended whatever they had was because it became too real for them; too serious that they started falling in love. And for that they ended it. But clearly both of them want to be together . They're just too stubborn to admit it.

The smell of coffee welcomed us as we entered Cafe Mania. I could hear the music slowly descending as another one comes. I stood in line trying to figure out what to get. I was debating if I would get my usual or try something new.

I was next in line when I hear my phone ring. Caller ID: idiot brother.

"Where are you? You better not get Cafe Mania without me!" Sometimes we just know each other too well. Perks of being twins (sacrasm inserted).

"Well, yes I am. I'm about to order." I replied. "You could've told me! I wanted the coffee frappe." He whined. "We're just about to sit down. Come here, then." Pointing the coffee frappe to the girl taking my order and mouthed 'light cream pls" she smiled and nodded.

"Whose we?" He asked. "Gabby and..." I hesitated. Before I could say her name.

"An-" I tried saying but he interrupted, "No. Im good." And then hung up on me. Well gee, that was cold. They obviously need to sort things out. Shaking my head, I heard my name being called and.my coffee frappe was sitting in the island counter. As I took it, I looked over to see where they were sitting. I saw Gabby wave and went down to sit with them.