12

Jule

The longer I'm dating Jun, the less of Joshua I think of. That's what I tought,

until I realize the more Joshua I miss of.

I tried to forget him by getting closer to Jun who is my botmyfriend. But when I do, the only thing on my mind is,

I'm in love with someone and I'm dating someone else.

I'm so dumb.

"Jule..." Jun called. "You don't like the party?" He asked. I looked around the place. A friend in school threw a party and invited all of us. At first I was anticipating it, but now I just wanna go home. I feel like I have this great headache. Jun was wearing something flawless. Of course, he has always been handsome and such a boyfriend material.

He pulled me out of the house and brought me to a park near there. We sat on the swings. It was all silence. Not even the swings we sat on made a sound.

I...

I miss Joshua.

Then a tear fell off my eye. I wiped it with my hand.

"Hey, don't cry." He said as he held my hand. I pulled my hand slightly, not wanting it to be held by him. More tears fell off my eyes and ran down my cheeks.

Jun helped me got up, only to hug me in his arms.

The tears ran down faster.

His hug was warm and I could feel he's trying to make me feel better.

But all I need was Joshua.

"Jun... I'm so sorry." I said.

"You did nothing wrong, Jule." He said.

"You're wrong. I did the most terrible thing to you." I said.

He froze but then he hugged me tighter. "Whatever it is I'm sure it's nothing." He said. I took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry. But, I wanna break up with you." I said as I let go of his hug.

"Did I do something wrong?" He asked.

"Jun, I lied to myself. I lied to everyone including you. All this time, the only person I was in love with,

is Joshua. And I knew sooner or later he was going to be with Jan. I thought being your girlfriend would make me move on from my stupid feelings. But I guess it didn't. I'm so sorry, Jun." I said.

He sighed.

"Jule, I wanna see you happy. Even if it means you won't be with me. But seeing you happy makes me happy. So, go get that boy." He said.

"Thanks." I said as I ran towards my home. It started to rain but I didn't care. All I needed was Joshua.

But then I realized, what if he's in love with Jan? My body started to feel the cold of the night. I sat down at the park bench under the trees. Where it's dark. I cried there.

*

Joshua

I love Jule.

I realized it now.

But she's happy with Jun.

And should I be happy with Jan?

I know I should.

But I can't.

That's why I should break up with her.

"Hey, Joshua. Why did you wanna meet here?" She said. I realized I will make her bright face gone in just a few seconds after this.

"I think we should break up." I said. "Look, Jan. I love Jule. And I'm sorry." I said to the point.

"So you became my boyfriend just because you felt bad?" She asked. She started crying and I feel like I'm such an evil person.

"I... no. I don't know." I said.

"You're afraid, right? You're afraid Jule loves Jun. You're afraid she doesn't loves you back. And you're afraid of your own feelings." She said as if she read my mind.

I sighed.

"You know what, You're such a fool, Joshua. She loves you. Can't you see it? Can't you see her eyes when I met you? The way she looks at you when you're with me? The way she looks at her boyfriend and smiled as if she's okay? As if she doesn't want to have feelings for you? You both have the same feelings for each other." She said as she stood up and left me.

"I hope now you're gonna do the right thing. Because I'm not breaking up with you for nothing. Be sure to make her happy. Stay beside her while you can." she continued.

I sighed and ran to the only place I knew. The park where I met her.

I walked around. I don't think she's here. Then I heard someone crying.

I walked up to the person.

I didn't have to see her face.

It's her

*

Joshua pulled Jule into his arms. Jule tried to stop crying but after she knew how dumb she was, all she could do is cry even more as she hid her face on Joshua's chest.

"I love you." Joshua whispered to her ear.

Jule stopped crying while Joshua wiped her tears with his fingers. Their eyes once again met after a long time.

"I love you too." Jule said.

They smiled at each other.

"I guess I already know the answer if I asked you to be my girlfriend." Joshua said.

"You broke up with Jan?" Jule asked. Joshua nodded. "And I hope you broke up with Jun." Joshua said. "Just did." Jule said.

"I love you, Julia."

"I love you more."

"I love you most."

*