Chapter 41

Father's Illegitimate Child

After I promised Uncle Tong I would live a peaceful life, I went to bed and woke up in an unfamiliar place. My hands and feet were tied in a dead knot and I was lying on a hard bed.

Under the lantern's light, I could see a figure next to me. A young Daoist nun was sleeping while hugging her sword. Her skin was fair and her eyelashes were long. She looked very gentle, unlike a ruffian who went around kidnapping people.

I secretly cursed Feng Zhao Wen for bestowing so many marriage gifts. In the end, he turned my An Residence into the target of thieves!

The moment she opened her eyes, it were filled with murderous air, "You thief! You are finally awake!"

The way she addressed me was so inappropriate, in my humble opinion.

I smiled lightly, "Little miss Daoist nun, An Yi thinks the way you addressed An Yi is too inappropriate. 'Your distinguished self' seems more appropriate." At least thieves didn't go around kidnapping people.

She drew her sword and directed it towards my neck. The little miss' eyes were vicious; such a fierce Daoist nun!

"Do you believe me if I say a brandish of my sword is enough to end you?"

I scooted backwards: "Please be careful, Daoist nun. Swords have no eyes! You and I have never had any kind of enmity before, can you please tell me where your fury comes from?"

She laughed mockingly, "You treacherous thief who betrayed your country..... Not only did you side with the enemy, you actually wanted to become the Great Qi's empress; the wife of your dog emperor! How humiliating this will be for the late regent!"

My heart fell, but it was not enough to discourage me, "Where is Qin Hui? Bring him to me!"

The little Daoist nun made another scornful noise, "How dare you call His Majesty by his given name?" After that, she turned around and no longer paid any attention to me.

(TN: Qin Hui is Xiao Huang's real name.)

Alert and intelligent, I suddenly had a speculation. Perhaps Xiao Huang did not know I was kidnapped.

"Does that mean that His Majesty does not know I am here? Don't tell me you people lost His Majesty...."

A look of embarrassment could be seen on the girl's face, "His Majesty was just checking out the situation in incognito..... We did not lose him...."

I could not hold back my laughter. Xiao Huang had been honest to me.

By noon, the next day, Xiao Huang 'who was checking out the situation in incognito' returned with a dark face.

By then, I already had a tug of war with the little Daoist nun and had managed to persuade her to at least untie me so I would walk around the room freely.

I clung on the door, trying to take a good look outside. There were trees outside, shading the ground from sunlight. There were two Daoist practitioners standing guards in the doorway, though I had no idea if they were really Daoist practitioners or not.

The little miss leaned against the bed before coldly speaking, "Do not even think to try, thief. This place is deserted and is being guarded heavily; you will not be able to run far."

When Xiao Huang kicked open the door, the bed was occupied by the little miss. I, on the other hand, was curling up in the long couch, tired after making a scene all day. I opened my eyes to glance at him, "You are back?" And then, I leaned back down, preparing to go to sleep.