Accident

I got woken up at two in the morning and taken to the hospital because mum had been in a very serious car accident and she may not survive. I know hospitals smell like death and cleaning products. I've always hated the smell of hospitals but I was so worried I didn't notice it when I ran in. "wait" a nurse called out. "you need to check in first" she grabbed my hand and I quickly gave her my info and bolted.

When I got to mums room she looked like a ragdoll her her was missing in patches she was missing teeth and had several cuts on her face. I was so full of tears and emotions that I had gone completely deaf for the time being and I was just sitting on the floor screaming. the doctors had to shake me out of it and told me her status. " your mother is in a coma and may not wake, we have her on life support but if she's not awake within three weeks I'm so sorry but we'll have to put her to sleep." Doctor Tramet said fiving me an apology hug and I broke down again. I looked up and saw that Jai wasn't crying and I went off my head at him. "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU NOT FUCKING CRYING YOU MONSTER WHAT KIND OF PERSON DOESNT GET EMOTIONAL WHEN THEIR MOTHER IS KNOCKING AT DEATHS FUCKING DOOR. YOU MAKE ME SICK." I yell and spit at me. "Hunter please you need to calm down, I am full of emotions but know I need to be a bit more grown up and professional so please we can tell and scream when we get home." he said getting on the ground and locking me in a comfort hug. it felt so good to be hugged like this from my brother I didn't want him to let go. "please join in Jayden?" I asked him politely and he got on the ground and joined our comfort hug, it was so comfortable I felt like I could sleep in their arms and I did exactly that.

When I woke up I was in mums bed with my brothers all squeezed together and I was in the middle."wake up!" I whispered in Jayden's ear. "what's wrong" he stirred in reply. I don't want to go to school should I tell Rory or wait?" I asked him still whispering to keep Jai from waking. "just wait buddy and you don't have to go to school and Rory rings just tell her that your having a family crisis, it'll be fine." he said giving me a tight hug "go back to sleep mate." I tried but I couldn't get back to sleep so I woke up and made myself some breakfast and went and sat outside to watch the sunrise. It was an absolutely beautiful sunrise the orange was bright hitting the house in such an amazing lighting it almost looked fake it was just unbelievable.

I'd finished gazing at the beauty of nature and went inside to get dressed and go for a walk with the dog. But I was startled to see the cops inside the house." Hunter this is constable Bradley and officer skimp." Jayden said "g'day" the cops said giving me a nod of the head. "hello officers" I reply. "mum was drink driving and she already caused the other drivers death." Jayden explained. "and your mother still needs to be fined, I'm sorry to hear she's at deaths door but she caused it herself, driving under the influence such a silly thing to die for." the police said. "oh that's just great that is certainly something our fucked up mother would do god how stupid was I to think it was the other person!" I screamed storming off.

I was crying on my bed when Jayden walked in telling me our situation and that I should get a job to help pay the fine. yep of course always having to fixes problems my mum causes just fucking great I know she's half dead but I can still be pissed off at her. Rory called later on during the the day asking where I was, I just explained what happened but didn't tell her about the near death I didn't want her to worry. I was busy job searching for the rest of the time and when school finished I texted Rory asking if she wanted to go for a walk with me.

ME: hey I was just wondering if you would like to meet up and go for a walk or stroll?

RORY:sure meet me at the round about with the statue of that creepy man. at 4:00

ME: haha ok see you then <3

When it reached 4:00 I reached the creepy man statue. it was a statue of the man that designed our town holding a map and pointing at our north point with a huge creepy smile on his face, it's a bronze statue with information about our town and when it was founded and the name of the man Alfred Theomen. that's where the name of our town comes from Theomen. It's a pretty weird name but it's a pretty place. "hey!" Rory called out running up to me. "oh hey." I say as we meet in a hug. "Are you ok?" She asked and I felt like shit not telling her the truth so I properly explained this time what was happening and she got all emotional. I couldn't keep myself from crying again so we walked looking like a hot mess. "are you alright baby?" she asks sniffling, I just nod. "well we are going to visit tomorrow." she made plans and all I could do was nod.

After our walk I checked my phone I had a miss call from a travel agency telling me they could hire me under one condition. I walked alone wondering what the condition was, wondering if I should call back. eventually I had made my mind up and called the agency.

"hello Renae speaking how May I help?"

"Um hi my names Hunter I'm returning a missed call."

"Ahh yes I bet you wondering what the condition is"

"As a matter of fact yes I am."

"Well young man the condition is that you'll have to be a travel consultant."

"But I'm to young I don't have qualifications."

"Well we will give you higher pay if you act like nothing is happening."

"Ok so am I in?"

"Yes welcome to the agency you start work 8:15 tomorrow morning."

"OMG thank you so much"

After the call I rang home to tell Jai and Jayden the news but when I got home they were sitting on the couch awfully close and Jai had the phone in his lap. "mums dead."