Prologue

It was Summer of 2003.

A mother in her late 30s brought her four-year-old son at Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport. The young boy wearing green shirt and a blue cap was pulling her mother as they walk to the airport's food court. "Mama! Mama!" He called to her.

The woman with her brown hair just above her shoulder looked down to glance at him. "What is it my boy?" She asked as he pointed outside, she turned her head to see what it was. 

"Look! It's an airpwane!" She smiled as he saw her son jumped in excitement.

"Right, an airplane. Do you want to ride it?" 

"Yes Mama! I want to ride the airpwane." She chuckled at her son's cuteness.

"Alright, but let us eat first, is that okay?" The boy nodded and followed his mother's pace. She then ordered two sandwiches and juice for the both of them.

They seated at one of the empty tables in the court and ate.

He furrowed his eyebrows as the little boy watched his mother. "Mama, what is that?"

"It's a paper plane." She continued folding the sandwich's paper wrapper.

"A paper pwane?" He said with his mouth full of the filled bread.

"Yes Didi. Do you know Papa rides an airplane, right?"

"U huh. And I want to be like Papa. I want to make airpwane go up the sky!" He said stretching his hands up. 

She smiled at him, caressing his right cheek with her left hand. She fixed the wings of the paper plane and handed it over to him. "Here. You play with it, while we wait for Papa to come."

"We'll gonna see Papa?"

"Yes Didi. And we are going to ride the airplane."

"Yay! I can't wait!" He paused for a moment and looked at the paper plane in his hands. "But how do I make this fly Mama?"

"You just hold it right here." She said guiding his tiny fingers. "And then you put it up and throw it."

The boy jumped again as he see the paper plane float in the air for a split seconds. He quickly ran to picked the plane where it landed.

"Just be careful son. And don't get too far from here, okay?" She said watching her son at his every move.

Few minutes later, a tall man in his uniform arrived. He had his sunglasses on, holding to his luggage bag. He stopped at the table where she was seated. The man gestured to hug them.

"Didi, your Papa is here!" She called.

"Papa!" The young pilot grabbed the boy and hugged him tight. They were hugging each other.

He replace his son's cap with his and smiled at him. "I miss you both so much." He uttered removing his glasses and kiss his son and wife.

He finally put him down and talked to his wife. While Didi, happily looked at his parents.

The next thing he know is that he was chasing the paper plane heading to the railings.

"Aaaaaaah" He shrieked. And then someone pulled him, preventing him from falling down.

---

The dream woke him up before his alarm. He put it off, scrubbing his face with his hands.