Chapter 1 - Sudden Shift

Changsha City, Hunan, China, September 28, 3:55 p.m.

To Shen Yue, behind-the-camera was the second best place to be, after home. She has been an intern for approximately ten days at Hunan Broadcasting System, jotting down notes from mentors, capturing and recording bits and pieces of clips from behind, with the company's provided filming device.

Yue admired the works. It has been four hours that she was there. The cup of coffee on the hands of a woman wearing an office coat and ID approached her. Is that for her? Did one of the mentors just got her a hot drink? For a second she felt honored.

She was about to stretch her right arm when a man beside her suddenly went in front of her. As short as she is the woman was out of sight. She then sneaked out from the man's back. Her eyes followed the paper cup and finally, the lid landed on his lips. Disappointed. She suppressed her arm, put her hand on top of her tummy instead, and frown. 

I'm really hungry. She thought.

Buzz! Buzz!

A vibration coming from her pants' pocket interrupted her thought of hunger and exhaustion. It was her Professor. Wondering what it will be about, she excused herself from the staff around her.

Shen Yue raised her phone to her right ear. "Hello Mr. Lao." She responded politely.

Her jaw dropped and her eyes widened in shock. Billy Shen, her forty-one-year-old father was involved in an accident.

"Papa?! Wha-what happened to him? Where is he?" She stuttered. Her uncontrollable voice made her co-workers looked at her. They also began to worry as they hear her words. Everyone showed her concern and permitted her to leave early. The kindness of one staff, a free ride made her reached the hospital where her father was.

Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport, September 28, 3:55 p.m.

"Where's Dylan?" Helen Wang asked her husband.

Not knowing the answer he looked down and asked, "Ethan where is your gege?"

Helen turned her head around to look for him. And there he was at the very back of the airport seating. She sighed in relief. Even if it is his son's back that was facing her, she knew it was him with the familiar outfit and red Beats by Dr. Dre on his head.

"Go call your brother, Ethan. Say we are about to board." Phil told his son.

Upon reaching his older brother's spot, he heard his snoring. By then he knows he was asleep. In fear of waking him up, he gestured back to his parents who was standing in line with the passengers, waiting for their luggage to be checked. 

While his parents signaled him to just wake him up or else they will be left behind. He scratched his head and just do what they said.

Dylan moaned when he sensed that someone was tapping his shoulder. He forced his eyes to open and saw his brother. "Sorry gege. Please don't be mad." He told him quickly, his eyes closed. Dylan patted his head causing his eyes to open immediately.

"What are you saying, Ethan?" He smirked and stood up. Ethan's eyes followed his movement. He sighed. And smiled.

"Let's go, brother." He added when he noticed he was not moving from his position. He then walked with him to meet their parents.  

"Are you going to be okay with this?" He asked him, still walking side by side. "I don't know Ethan." Dylan responded lazily.

****

A/N: Dajia hao! (Hello everyone!) To everyone who's started reading this story before, forgive me for changing it. But rest assured the plot will not be far from the first one. Thank you!

PS. Not a good writer but a good listener, a lazy reader but a happy viewer! :)