le only chapter.

have an unpleasant oneshot where they struggle to regain their footing on uneven grounds ヽ('ー`)┌ 

Rated T for swearing
Word count: 1894
Pairing: Daithi de Vanoss

Warnings: alcohol mention, Evan making an ass of himself (don't be like Evan), don't worry i toned down the secondhand embarrassment :]

~

David is startled awake by a knock on the door.

He rolls over in bed, groaning miserably. Can't a man get a full night's sleep after a horribly messy breakup?

Hopefully whoever-the-fuck will get the hint and leave. He shuts his eyes tiredly.

Another knock, then a thump of a body. The image of zombies at his front door flashes behind his eyelids and Jesus fuck, his day can't get any worse than this.

He forces himself out of bed, whining and cursing as he half-walks, half-trips his way down the stairs.

"Who the fuck's here at fuckin'... seven o'clock in the mornin'?" He mumbles angrily, unlocking the door and opening it a crack.

He's met with a head of hair, and all of a sudden- dark eyes meet his, and his heart stutters in his chest. He moves to shut the door, but a hand reaches out and stops it, and the silence- tense and charged- is broken by a voice.

David tries to make out words between the slurred syllables that fall recklessly out of Evan's mouth, tries to follow along with what he's saying- to no avail, and David's impatience is written plainly on his face.

At that, Evan stops himself, begins to laugh, begins to giggle, and push the door open wider with clumsy hands, mumbling like a madman all the while.

David furrows his brows, torn between his anger and his compassion. His friend, reeking of alcohol and sweat and smoke, had been standing in the snow for at least ten minutes now. Evan's probably been freezing his ass off wearing only a hoodie and ripped jeans.

David frowns, remembering his place. So he settles with disappointment, ignoring the insistent pang in his chest. "Evan, you're the one who said ya needed space, so fuck off back to snow-man's land and don't speak to me for the next two months or so."

Evan giggles again, his gaze fixed on David's collar, reaching out a hand to flatten it but his eyes lose focus and his hand lands flat on David's chest- and the protest on David's lips comes out as a mess of confusion as he is shoved back abruptly. Suddenly David finds himself sitting on the floor, his vision askew. Evan laughs, stumbling in and shaking off his shoes and getting snow all over the carpet.

David groans, exasperated. He makes no move to get up, only to lie down on the ground just so he doesn't have to deal with this shit. He'll try again in the morning. He hopes Evan'll be gone by the morning.

Evan's laughter trails off as David shuts his eyes, shuts out the world.

Silence ensues. David can't fall asleep, too aware of the other's presence in his home. He opens his eyes and Evan's face is three- two inches away from his, and he yelps, and Evan is laughing again, and frustration burns in his throat like a fire.

"Fuck off, Evan! Fuck off!" he yells, shoving Evan away and standing up. He brushes himself off and watches with distaste as Evan, flat on his back, tries to sit up despite his sloppy, fucked-up coordination.

David can't think past sad and pathetic as he chokes back his tears, presses his palms to his eyes, his voice breaking. "Why the fuck did you come to Ireland? No one wants you here. And you smell like you rolled around in a seedy pub underground somewhere. You're ruining the carpet."