E I G H T

Z A C H A R I A H - H I L L

"Imma miss you mama. Imma come see you so much it's like you're gonna forget you're in here." I said hugging Azariah. I was dropping her off at rehab because even though she told she'll stop doing coke she didn't. Even though she said she'll be okay I knew she wasn't and it came to a point where i finally knew I couldn't help her. I was gonna miss her but this was for her own good.

"I love you baby." She said pecking my lips. "Sorry that I fail you."

"Shhh...you didn't fail me baby. You're gonna be okay. If you do good you can out of here in no time."

"You'll find him right?" She asked sticking her pinkie finger out.

"Promise." I interlocked my finger with hers than kissed her goodbye.

I watched her walk in rehab than sighed and walked to my car hopping in. I sat there for a while and ran my fingers down my face.

"Hello," I said answering my ringing phone.

"Zachariah?" Zala said quietly into the phone.

"Yea?" I said becoming alert. "What's going on?"

"I hear footsteps downstairs ." She said making me turn my car on and drive towards the house.

"Go to our secret hiding spot and stay on the li-" I said but than the line hung up. I looked at it and say it said call failed.

I was dodging and weaving through leans rushing to get to the house. I finally made it than went to rise the garage door up letting the person think I was coming through there. I walked to the front and quietly unlocked the front door sneaking it.

Sure enough I seen a figure in the dark so I walked over to it and grabbed the person seeing it was my mom.

"What the fuck are you doing here." I snapped letting her go shaking my head. "ZALA YOU CAN COME OUT ITS JUST YOUR MOM!"

"Sup step son." I heard a voice say behind me making me grab my gun and cock it back. "You brought this nigga to my house!"

"Stop Zachariah it's been two years when are you gonna let it go?" My mom said getting in the middle of this.

"He raped and hurt my sister what is there to let go?" I asked scratching my head with my gun.

"Son that was 2 years ago."

"I'm not your fucking son quit calling me that." I said becoming annoyed.

"Ma?" Zala soft voice said walking into the kitchen.

"Bub." I heard Zaya say walking into the house. "Sorry I'm la—"

"Baby where you at?" Cameron voice boomed through the house.

"What the fuck is this ? A fucking dysfunctional ass family reunion?" I said growing even more annoying.

"I came to check on you considering you dropped Azariah off..." She said as she never left eye contact with Roger.

"What's up baby girl." Roger said keeping a straight face as fear came across Zaya.

"Who is this nigga?" Cameron asked popping a grape in his mouth. "Hey ex mama."

"Hey Cameron." Moms said waving.

"You know who." Zaya said walking away with tears falling out her eyes.

"Zaya stop being so damn dramatic." Moms said chasing after her. Cameron put his grapes down and tackled Roger sending blows to his face.

"Stop this!" Mom and Zaya said walking back into the kitchen but I shook my head.