end

okay guys, so this chapter stretching reality a little. i am aware that ashton was not yet born when kurt cobain killed himself. please just bare with me.

☯☯

about a week later, the two met again at the lookout. school was now out, and the two havent seen each other in quite a while.

"hey," robin mumbled, carefully crawling up the hood of ashtons beat up honda.

"hello," ashton grinned.

he then proceeded to grab the same journal, opening it up.

robin glanced down at it, "what's this?" she whispered pointing down at the book.

for the entire week there was unhappy faces, and in the corner a small patch of blood.

ashton swore slightly, closing the book. "it's nothing robin."

robin rolled her eyes at him, cussing. "ashton don't lie, what the hell was that?"

"i said it was nothing robin!" ashton shouted.

"that wasnt nothing ashton! why were you so upset? and what was with that blood?" robin screamed back at him, slowly her voice dying down as she saw ashton glance down at his wrist.

"you didnt," robin closed her eyes, speaking in a hushed tone.

"i-im sorry," ashton mumbled.

robins eyes snapped open and she glowered at him. "why the hell are you sorry?"

ashton was speachless, openimg and closing his mouth like a fish.

"can you at least tell me why?" robin said, the roles of the two now reversed.

ashton stared up at the sky, "there once was a boy, his name was sky. sky was a music geek, as am i. but sky especially had a thing for nirvana, specially kurt cobian. he wanted to be just like him. he dressed like him, had the hair cut, talked the same. sky was an adorable teenage boy. always seeming like an generally happy boy. but again, always had the thing for kurt cobian. as i said, wanting to be just like him. that's when kurt killed himself, shot himself. and sky just had to be just like him. sky took his fathers gun, and shot himself, just like him. sky shot himself on his jaw, he didnt die right away. his younger brother, rushed home, in front of his parents, so he could be the first one inside. he opened the door, and on the floor was his dead brother, his idol. the kid has been messed up ever since."

robin looked up from her lap, "ashton ..."

"ive hated nirvana ever since," ashton chocked back a sob. "i was actually over it, moved on. but last week was the aniversity of his death."

ashton looked up, a tear dripping down his cheek. "i needed you robin."

"im here for you now ashton," robin smiled softly, wiping his tear away.

ashton smiled, and knowing that no words could explain what he was feeling right now, he reached down to the journal, writing down, ☻.

robin then replied with the same, and a small loving silence fell between them.

ashton then broke it.

"robin?"

"yeah ashton?"

"how do you feel?"

robin turned and faced ashton, her small lips were puckered. she turned back out and faced the water again. they sat in silence for a few minutes, before a loopy smile appeared on robins face.

"i feel happy."

and with that, the two broken teens, connected lips, and the stars began to sing.