Chapter Fourteen

-Eren's POV-

Date;; December 22nd

I sat at the kitchen table, books and papers spread in chaos, but I tried to sty quiet so Levi could sleep. The bags under his eyes showed a lack of sleep, and he was probably up pretty late up last night, anway.

I flipped open the health book that was sitting there, looking at the human anatomy, giggling at the stupid sticky note of a dick I put in between the drawings legs. It was all muscle, and the look on its face stared up at me, reminding me of something.

Titan.

That's what its called? No, that's a human, what's a titan? Where have I heard that before?

I must be going insane.

When I pushed in my chair to get a drink, my jacket from last night fell off the chair, and as I went to pick it up, the small pin on the collar shined up at me.

The Wings of Freedom.

That I knew. What are all these thoughts in my head? Where is all of this going?

I sighed, picking up my phone and sliding it open, staring at the new contact, deciding wether or not to call it, but in the end I did.

"Eren!"

"Hi, Mrs. Zoe," I sighed, regretting my decision.

"Drop that, I'm Hanji! What's up?"

"Did you call Levi 'corporal' last night?"

She gasped, and I heard a squeal on the other end of the phone.

"Yeah, why?"

"I'm remembering things... Things that I'm not sure where they came from."

"Liiiiiiike?"

"Titans, the Wings of Freedom. Do you know what they are?"

"Eren, stay where you are. I'm coming to get you."

"Wai-"

The line was cut off, and I sighed, resting my head on the table, crumpling my papers, dropping my phone. It was only a matter of minutes until I heard the screeching of tires outside of the apartment building and rapid footsteps climbing upstairs.

"Eeeeeren!" Hanji's voice squealed as she kicked down the door, and I jumped up in shock.

"Holy shit, keep it down! Levi's asleep!" I harshly whispered as she wrapped her arms around me, rustling my hair.

"He sleeps like a log, anyway. Come on, I have to show you something!"

My sore wrists were dragged up and Hanji pulled me out of the room, into the hallway, and I was slung in her arms as she tumbled down the stairs, throwing me in the backseat. As I looked up, Mikasa looked down at me, smirking, the red scarf wrapped around her neck.

"Hey, Eren. I see Hanji wasn't too excited to see you."

"Shut up," I muttered, adjusting myself as the car sped off, bumping along the road. I could've sworn we hit somebody.

Hanji continued babbling as the car drove on, recklessly crashing through a forest.

"And the walls are gone now, which is a shame, but we don't really need them anymore. Mika, y-"