Lie.

Cal's POV, Chapter One.

I've been staying within the capital of Norta for as long as I can remember, It's have to have been months since I let her go. But, it wasn't my choice, and it was for the best. We needed time away from each other, it didn't seem like me and Mare got along well to begin with.. I thought this would let me take my mind off of her, but no. All I've been doing is sitting in my cramped room, writing letter I know will never get sent to her.
I'll most likely burn them out of rage soon, and part of me doesn't ever want to see Mare again, therefore when the thoughts of my brother being killed by her- the edges of the paper are easily charred. Ashes. Absolutely nothing. Caused by my hands, I can only cause destruction, and that's all I'll ever do. No doubt about it. 
I let out a frustrated sigh as I scrub my hands over my face, I haven't heard from anyone beside Julian. Who's of course in Montfort. He's been sending me letter of his own, but I never get the chance to respond, so I can't tell him how thankful I am for the updates. Though, it's usually things about how silver and newbloods could be related, more stuff about newbloods that I skim through on instinct.
The only thing that's ever caught my eye is when he wanted to know how a silver and newbloods child would turn out- a silver and red, never meant to breathe the same air, yet here we are. I want to laugh at myself for engaging in stupid activities with Mare. She probably could care less that I'm alive... She probably doesn't care that I exist anymore, and has fully moved on with her life and gained a new lover. The thought of that stings.
My eyes flicker across my small living space, I wanted to be in equal conditions with all of the reds. If anything just to prove that living in a place wasn't necessary... But, I regret a lot of my choices within the past year, all of my careless decisions. All because I'm selfish. Because my blood is silver rather than red.

I'm royalty, and that blood is in my veins. And, I could care less... But, part of me wants that old life- the future I was supposed to have.

Before my thoughts could drown be further, I quickly stood up from the wooden chair I was seated in. Taking long strides to the door, knowing fresh air is the best thing to calm me right now. This isn't me, it never has been... I haven't been myself for the past year, so I better return now, or I possibly never will.